Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 04:49 AM

846 posts, read 1,412,401 times

Advertisements

We pay for a spot in a garage even though we live in zone free parking because it's a pain to find a spot. Maybe something to consider, you wouldn't get tickets at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 04:51 AM

4,152 posts, read 8,014,879 times
And make sure you have a Chicago vehicle sticker.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:55 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,293,495 times
That's one of the things that I do NOT miss about living in Albany Park. I always had to park 3 blocks from my building.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:47 PM

13 posts, read 15,009 times
Thank you all for the support and advice. It's really appreciated! It is really TOUGH parking in my neighborhood. My personal thought is get rid of the zoning. Pay for one parking permit to park anywhere in the city! Why does it have to be complicated? Next, get rid of the traffic cams. Other cities are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
As long as that address is what's on your ticket, it should be an open-and-shut case. My advice is to contest in person. Bring your smartphone with you and be prepared to run that address lookup on your phone browser in front of the hearing officer.
Good thought. Will do! Got the link already saved in Chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubconsciousMe View Post
We pay for a spot in a garage even though we live in zone free parking because it's a pain to find a spot. Maybe something to consider, you wouldn't get tickets at least.
What type of cost do you pay for a spot in a garage and where might I find a garage in Albany Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
And make sure you have a Chicago vehicle sticker.
I'll be sure to take a picture of my vehicle's front side with sticker in plain view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
That's one of the things that I do NOT miss about living in Albany Park. I always had to park 3 blocks from my building.
That has happened to me, especially getting home late from work. Ungh.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:02 PM

846 posts, read 1,412,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treikayan View Post
What type of cost do you pay for a spot in a garage and where might I find a garage in Albany Park?
I don't know, I don't live in Albany Park. I initially searched via websites like Spot Hero which has a monthly search option. There wasn't a garage upon first search in our neighborhood, but we were willing to compromise with a garage a few train stops away. But than I drove around our neighborhood and found a garage, not listed on Spot Hero. We pay $99/month. Totally, completely worth it.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubconsciousMe View Post
I don't know, I don't live in Albany Park. I initially searched via websites like Spot Hero which has a monthly search option. There wasn't a garage upon first search in our neighborhood, but we were willing to compromise with a garage a few train stops away. But than I drove around our neighborhood and found a garage, not listed on Spot Hero. We pay $99/month. Totally, completely worth it.
Will definitely look into it. I find myself using public transportation in the city. I drive into the 'burbs for work.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,657,350 times
Yeah, parking in AP can be pretty tough. IIRC it's the densest non-lakefront neighborhood in the city by a long shot, and even denser than some lakefront neighborhoods.

Zone parking makes sense in some areas, such as right around train stations or adjacent to busy commercial districts and the like. But there are now over a thousand different zones. Clearly the system has gotten out of hand.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:00 PM

Therein is the problem then, lol. I live by the brown line.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:07 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,657,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treikayan View Post
Therein is the problem then, lol. I live by the brown line.
The main source of your consternation is just the neighborhood density. If it weren't for zoned parking, commuters would take up any available spaces on your block and the daytime parking situation would be even worse. There are zoned areas around the train stations in my neighborhood too, but since it's not as dense as your area, the zoned parking leaves spaces available for residents.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 PM

9,916 posts, read 9,704,290 times
Yes and people take a chance and park in places where they should not legally be there, but they take a chance anyway. It is always best in the city to rent an apartment that comes with a parking space. or even unreserved parking but in the buildng's lot/garage. paying that extra is worth it. especially you dont have to deal with people putting out chairs and junk to save their spots and there you go having no place to park on the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: