Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 12:39 PM

17 posts, read 43,628 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with commuting from Chicago to Schaumburg? I might be moving to Chicago from California in a few months for a job that is located in Schaumburg. I really want to live in the city but have heard the commute is awful. The location of the job is off of E. Woodfield Rd and N. Meacham Rd in Schaumburg. Does anyone know if a Metra runs around that area? I am trying to look on a map but can't seem to figure it out. If I do end up living in the city, what areas of the city should I live in that are close to a Metra that goes out to Schaumburg? Also, does anyone know how long that kind of commute is? All advice is appreciated! Thank you for all your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 12:54 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,342,535 times
No Metra doesn't go out that way, and yes your commute is going to suck unless you live on the far northwest side of the city, at which point you might as well live in the suburbs.

Many many people come in here asking more or less the same question you do and I give them the same basic advice each time: strike a compromise and find a place near the Jefferson Park stop of the Blue Line, or at the very furthest, the Irving Park or Montrose stops. There's not much in the way of nightlife going on near these stops, but there is a lot of cheap & decent rental stock in these areas, and the Blue Line runs 24/7 and provides access to a handful of nightlife districts (Logan Square, Bucktown/Wicker Park, River North), and the commute to and from the Woodfield area is tolerable, though still not great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago