Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 12:50 PM

526 posts, read 1,059,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope-C14 View Post
Hi Chubs,

I'm not sure you are aware of this, but after Oprah's show, those sorts of shows were banned in Chicago.

9-99-666 Municipal Code of Chicago Ignorant Celebrity Yammering Banning adopted. This ordinance, consisting of Titles 1 through 98, inclusive, shall be known as the “Municipal Code of Ignorant Celebrity Yammering” and shall be treated as a new and original comprehensive ordinance, completely superseding the Municipal Code of Chicago adopted December 30, 2013, and subsequent code amendments adopted prior to December 28, 2013, with the exception of the Chicago blithering at bars drunkardly to young women code and amendments thereto.

(Added Coun. J. 666-777-999, p. 52151436; Amend Coun. J. 2-31-67, p. 990916, § 3.1.0)

(a) "Yammering" means any ignorant celebrity, with a degree in humanities or journalism is banned from blabbering on and on in an expert fashion on topics that they are completely unaware of the detailed complexities comprising said topic. Said topic *can* but is not always, something diametrically opposite from their field of study. Example A: A would be "fashion" model directs individuals in special topics in neurology, without any biology degree of any sort.

*there is more to the full code, but I figured summing it up with (a) would suffice.
Well to give you some light to your post. Bad Girls Club is being filmed here as we speak. The next season will be on. That is complete and utter trash. Loud obnoxious girls fighting, getting drunk, screaming in public etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 12:51 PM

526 posts, read 1,059,093 times
Judge Jenine Pirro was here as well.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:45 PM

720 posts, read 920,444 times
Jerry Springer is now filmed in CT

Old 12-27-2013, 01:57 PM

498 posts, read 725,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPL View Post
Jerry Springer is now filmed in CT
That's only because Connecticut is known for their white trash.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:12 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,943,089 times
By the way, there is a new reality show airing in a few weeks on Bravo about summer in Chicago called 100 Days of Summer.

Watch 100 Days of Summer Season 1 | New Series: 100 Days of Summer

As usual though, they are mixing up neighborhoods. I just saw a preview video for a place in Noble Square (of course they said Wicker Park but whatever) and they showed Boystown for the outside shots. This should be interesting and I wonder if it will help with tourism. I bet it will if they present things in the right way even if it's a reality show.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:30 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,072,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefall18 View Post
That's only because Connecticut is known for their white trash.
Connecticut is one of the wealthiest states in the union..? I thought Connecticut is where ultra rich people live and fly their jets into New York City.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:14 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,943,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Connecticut is one of the wealthiest states in the union..? I thought Connecticut is where ultra rich people live and fly their jets into New York City.
That's the stereotype and it's part reality in places like Greenwich, but another reality is that there's some ****ty parts of Connecticut too. For example, both Hartford and New Haven at least lately has a worse per 100k homicide rate than Chicago. Bridgeport? Not too far behind Chicago now.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:28 PM

180 posts, read 378,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubs View Post
I'm not taking about Chicago fire, mike and molly etc. I'm talking about entertainment show, talk shows or is Chicago not designed for the entertainment industry
I'm going to hazard a guess that since Canada is so close with a similar look and feel, most productions shoot there if they want the Midwest.

It's significantly cheaper to shoot in Canada and if your going to do it in the USA there is always NY or LA if you got the money so why bother with Chicago unless you really dislike Toronto and Vancouver?

Barbershop was filmed in Chicago but supposedly they would have saved tons of cash if they shot in Canada instead; They turned it down.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 977 times
Ha! Apparently Chubs thinks talk shows are entertainment. Just like the rest of the ignorant overweight demographic they cater to.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:43 PM

498 posts, read 725,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
That's why it was a joke...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago