Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 06:35 PM

149 posts, read 203,384 times

Advertisements

Hi all I am curious if anyone has any information regarding speed cameras en route from NYC to Chicago.

I had a bad experience going from NYC to Washington D.C. few months ago in getting 2 speed camera tickets, 1 in Maryland and one in DC.

Please keep the 'don't speed=no worries' stuff out of this I was targeted both times for being just 11 mph over (66 in 55) which is hardly speeding and I was in the slow lanes being overtook by almost every car on the road.

Thanks, I don't want $200 in tickets surprising me a month after this trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 06:37 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,442,993 times
So far the speed cameras are only by parks and schools and not on the interstates. I fully expect that to change once the polls get drunk off the revenue.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
So far the speed cameras are only by parks and schools and not on the interstates. I fully expect that to change once the polls get drunk off the revenue.
ok great, I don't plan on passing 30mph around Chicago really but I will def keep this in mind.

I was more talking about the in between NYC and Chi, like Jersey (which I know doesn't have cameras), PA, Ohio, Indiana etc.

Doing 50mph on these long stretches of road is near impossible, and where the limit is 65 I'd like to be at or around 75(traffic and weather permitting). Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Also some insight on where to visit and how to spend my days there would be awesome, like tourist-y spots.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:46 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,442,993 times
Big touristy spots are Navy Pier, The Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum downtown, High-end shopping along Michigan Ave between Madison and Grand, The bar's on Rush st. etc.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:53 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,251,373 times
Got a smartphone? Get the Waze app. You will be alerted to 99% of red-light cameras and also speed cameras if you're approaching them faster than the enforcement threshold.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:57 AM

ok thanks a bunch guys appreciate this.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:25 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,605,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strateloss View Post
I was more talking about the in between NYC and Chi, like Jersey (which I know doesn't have cameras), PA, Ohio, Indiana etc.
To the best of my knowledge there are no speed cameras on the toll roads through any of those states. I've certainly sped through all of them (as recently as this summer) and watched others speeding, as well.

Then again, I didn't realize there were speeding cameras on interstates ANYWHERE in the U.S., and your experience tells us there is, so I could be wrong.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
To the best of my knowledge there are no speed cameras on the toll roads through any of those states. I've certainly sped through all of them (as recently as this summer) and watched others speeding, as well.

Then again, I didn't realize there were speeding cameras on interstates ANYWHERE in the U.S., and your experience tells us there is, so I could be wrong.
1 ticket I got I was on a DC freeway leading up to the major freeway to head back to NYC.

The other one I received inside a Maryland freeway/Interstate leading into DC.

The Maryland one was cheap around $40 or so dollars, The DC one was above $100...

plus cc and process fee's to pay, all for 11 mph over lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago