Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:22 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
that would require them to rent a car
Oh, of course...because they'd never be able to find a cab at the airport.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 01:08 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
A cab would make a lot more sense than renting a car, and could easily be done in the time frame they're talking about.

While Pequod's is great, Burt's Place is arguably the best deep dish anywhere. If someone is going to Morton Grove and NOT going to Burt's they're insane.

First, Burt's is closed for a month or two as he has been ill.

Second, going to that place is like dealing with the soup nazi. If he likes you, he'll take care of you. If he doesn't feel like it, he won't.

The pizza is good pizza but there are a lot of places that are more convenient and can offer you the same pizza.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:26 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
A cab would make a lot more sense than renting a car, and could easily be done in the time frame they're talking about.

While Pequod's is great, Burt's Place is arguably the best deep dish anywhere. If someone is going to Morton Grove and NOT going to Burt's they're insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Oh, of course...because they'd never be able to find a cab at the airport.

A cab! DUH!!

It was 4:30 am when I posted that and my brain wasn't functioning fully.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:20 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
A cab! DUH!!

It was 4:30 am when I posted that and my brain wasn't functioning fully.
No problem. The fact that you just admitted you made a mistake puts you in rather elite company 'round these parts. Congrats.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:07 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Is there anyone who makes good pizza who would deliver it to these folks at the airport?

Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
3 1/2 hours is kinda nuts. Even without kids.

Round trip travel time just for the train moving portion of the trip would be 1 1/2 hours. That doesn't count navigating to the train terminal, nor navigating from the Blue Line station to Lou Malnatti's nor back. Realistically you'd budget 2 hours.

That leaves you 1 1/2 hours for ordering, eating and getting through security. Not. Going. To. Happen. Especially not with kids in tow. Especially since they warn you just cooking the pizza takes 30-40 minutes. Even if you allowed only 30 minutes to get through security and back to the gate, that leaves an hour for ordering, cooking, receiving and eating the pizza. Really not worth the stress.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 PM

5 posts, read 7,972 times
You all are awesome, thanks for taking the time to point out how crazy of an idea that was....for so many reasons!! New plan: order a pizza to go when were about to leave NC, have my husband take a cab to pick it up and bring it back to the airport for us to enjoy. Not nearly as much fun as venturing into the city but a whole lot less stress. I'm going to go back and reread all of these to decide where he should go.

Thanks again, I look forward to a trip to Chicago where we can spend a few days, maybe sans kids!!!!

Old 08-19-2013, 09:12 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randkwed View Post
You all are awesome, thanks for taking the time to point out how crazy of an idea that was....for so many reasons!! New plan: order a pizza to go when were about to leave NC, have my husband take a cab to pick it up and bring it back to the airport for us to enjoy. Not nearly as much fun as venturing into the city but a whole lot less stress. I'm going to go back and reread all of these to decide where he should go.

Thanks again, I look forward to a trip to Chicago where we can spend a few days, maybe sans kids!!!!

Hmm....Even then you're all going to have to exit the secure area to meet him with your pizza, then go back through TSA screening again after you eat. It still sounds like a pain to me, but it's at least theoretically doable in your time frame, if the place you order from isn't too far away.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Isn't there like a Giordano's or Lou Malnati's something inside a terminal? I swear there has to be....there's no way there isn't.

EDIT: There is a Pizzeria Uno in both Terminal 2 and 3, and possibly in Terminal 1...so OP you have that option most likely. Without having to leave and come back through security again. Plus you'd have a real table to yourselves.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
EDIT: There is a Pizzeria Uno in both Terminal 2 and 3, and possibly in Terminal 1...so OP you have that option most likely. Without having to leave and come back through security again. Plus you'd have a real table to yourselves.
This was posted earlier in the thread, but it's apparently one of the mediocre chain Unos like they have everywhere. They can probably find as good of a deep dish pizza when they're in North Carolina as they can there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago