Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 01:24 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prost View Post
Traffic Question:

I'll be leaving Lake Forest around 2 pm, taking 294 to Indiana. Anyone experience traffic last parade? Don't think it will be much different than a typical Friday afternoon, but I could be mistaken.

Hopefully everyone going doesn't attempt to drive in.
The rally starts at 11. Can see how this would affect inbound traffic much in the afternoon, with the exception of some streets that may still be closed around Grant Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 03:29 PM

968 posts, read 2,665,991 times
You should be far enough west, and the time of day you're hitting ..any Friday generally stinks, but you shouldn't have too much additional 'stink' - one caution for anyone thinking of driving to the Loop, West Loop , or South Loop anytime tomorrow - not only is the parade route closing quite a few streets, but the Worlds Largest Block Party is also scheduled for this weekend - there's some overlap on the street closures, but this also removes a lot of parking in the West Loop ..be forewarned . Those shutdowns start tonight . Party on, Chicago !!!

Old 06-28-2013, 08:06 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,980,930 times
I think wearing a Chicago Black Hawks championship shirt and cap when I go to Boston will give me a warm welcome as I wait for my train at North Station for Lowell.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:12 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,292,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
I think wearing a Chicago Black Hawks championship shirt and cap when I go to Boston will give me a warm welcome as I wait for my train at North Station for Lowell.
Boston sports fans hold grudges. The only thing worse would be to go there wearing Yankees or NY Giants gear.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:31 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
Quote:
Meh - you'll be fine. I grew up in Boston and there's no real animosity towards the Blackhawks, or any Chicago teams for that matter. This series was a good one, without much trash talking. I haven't seen any of my Boston friends trashing the Blackhawks, and some of them trash NY teams a few times a week.

For Bruins fans the Canadiens are the real rivalry, and to a lesser extent the Red Wings and Maple Leafs. NYC teams are where most of the rivalries exist (Yankees and Knicks) as well as Celtics/Lakers.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,980,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
Meh - you'll be fine. I grew up in Boston and there's no real animosity towards the Blackhawks, or any Chicago teams for that matter. This series was a good one, without much trash talking. I haven't seen any of my Boston friends trashing the Blackhawks, and some of them trash NY teams a few times a week.

For Bruins fans the Canadiens are the real rivalry, and to a lesser extent the Red Wings and Maple Leafs. NYC teams are where most of the rivalries exist (Yankees and Knicks) as well as Celtics/Lakers.
Do the White Sox and Cubs play often despite being in different leagues? Any rivalry there?

Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
Quote:
Do the White Sox and Cubs play often despite being in different leagues? Any rivalry there?
Oh yeah, there's a rivalry there. They play a series every year with an equal number of games at each field (used to be 6 games but was changed to 4 this year).

Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
That was the fastest parade I've ever seen, kinda disappointing. Nothing thrown from the buildings like last time (at least VERY little) and the buses must have been doing 25mph. All in the name of security I suppose....sigh.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 AM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
Oh yeah, there's a rivalry there.
I dont know if I would call it a rivalry, more like immature bragging rights (and this is coming from a big Sox fan). I mean we are talking about two last or near last place teams this year.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:14 AM

123 posts, read 152,936 times
Lame. The buses were flying. I thought I was going to a parade, not a race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago