Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:39 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
the southloop has a good nightlife especially on taylor street.
Taylor Street is not in the South Loop. Not by any stretch of the imagination or geography. It is another West Side bar district worth mentioning, though, near UIC in between West Loop and Pilsen.

Last edited by ChiNaan; 03-30-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 04:16 PM

644 posts, read 1,188,036 times
If you're really this curious about Chicago's nightlife, you should just come check it out. Everyone's taste in nightlife is different, and it's kind of difficult for us to pinpoint exactly what you're looking for. Chicago has plenty of "dive bars" that are "busy and bustling," but as other posters have mentioned, it's unlikely that you'll find some street that's full of these sorts of bars. You wouldn't want too much of a good thing, would you?

Old 03-30-2013, 04:23 PM

541 posts, read 912,734 times
Ive been to Chicago a million times, and out.

Still doesnt make me an expert on the nightlife however, especially for a visitor.

Chicago to me is top 3 nightlife city (NYC and Philly the other two, although I havent been to Miami).

I just wanted to know if there was more to it or if what I experienced was it.

Clearly, it isnt, judging by the answers.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEnjoyBeer View Post

I just wanted to know if there was more to it or if what I experienced was it.

Clearly, it isnt, judging by the answers.
I don't think that even a person who has lived here for several years could say they have experienced it all, unless they had no job and devoted their entire life to doing so. Even then, it would just be one person's opinion, and yours may be different.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:45 PM

644 posts, read 1,188,036 times
Well, one issue with dive bars is that it's a hard scene to break into if you're just visiting. It's pretty easy to walk right past these places and not even realize there's something going on inside. Adding in the fact that many of them are buried on side streets, I'd be impressed if a visitor could get any complete picture of the dive bars around. Then again, I really don't see why it's necessary to have loads of dive bars. Isn't the idea that you just have a few where you go all the time because they satisfy you?

Old 03-30-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBVirtuoso View Post
Then again, I really don't see why it's necessary to have loads of dive bars. Isn't the idea that you just have a few where you go all the time because they satisfy you?
That's how I see it, too. When Norm walked into Cheers and everyone said, "Nooooorm!" do you think he gave a flying **** how many other similar bars were in the area?

Old 01-06-2016, 11:01 AM

6 posts, read 5,653 times
Hi! Im having my bachelorette party in Chicago at the end of June! What do you guys recommend?

Old 01-07-2016, 05:25 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEnjoyBeer View Post
What are the more concentrated nightlife areas for folks like me? Not hit or miss stuff.

Busy and bustling.
Why do you keep asking the same question? You've gotten the same answer about 10 times.

Here, I'll make it simple: Stick to Clark Street between North Avenue and Waveland Ave. They'll be every type of bar you can imagine.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:08 PM

398 posts, read 382,428 times
Lincoln Park
Lakeview
Wicker Park/Bucktown
Near North (Gold Coast and River North)

Any key neighborhoods I'm missing?

Old 08-14-2017, 02:48 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
Lincoln Park
Lakeview
Wicker Park/Bucktown
Near North (Gold Coast and River North)

Any key neighborhoods I'm missing?
Logan square and to a lesser extent West Loop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago