Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 03:56 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Maybe you should stay out of this thread.
First of all, I AGREED WITH YOU. And furthermore, if you live on the south side, I'm sure this isn't the first time you've heard the term Chiraq. So, what's the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 04:06 PM

577 posts, read 669,745 times
Although technically that's an unfair comparison. The murder rate in Iraq is 2 (down from about 80 in 2004), compared to 10 for Chicago.

Incidentally, murder rate in Japan: 0.4. There were less murders in the entire country of Japan (pop. 130 million) than there were in just the city of Chicago (pop. 9 million) last year.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
... technically that's an unfair comparison.
You're correct. There's no comparison between the violence in Chicago and Iraq. But, that doesn't excuse the fact that some residents who live on the south side of Chicago call it Chiraq. First of all, the term didn't originate from me. I simply used in response to the OP, after he stated how violent the south side is. Lastly, I find it fairly amusing that the OP can talk about how wild the south side is (even going so far as to consider moving) but when someone takes his side, he gets oversensitive.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 03-21-2013 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
You're correct. There's no comparison between the violence in Chicago and Iraq. But, that doesn't excuse the fact that some residents who live on the south side of Chicago call it Chiraq. First of all, the term didn't originate from me. I simply used in response to the OP, after he stated how violent the south side is. Lastly, I find it fairly amusing that the OP can talk about how wild the south side is (even going so far as to consider moving) but when someone takes his side, he gets oversensitive.
Yep.. Sorry about that. Not EXACTLY like that but I admit I do the same thing as a south suburbanite.

It's like how you can say something negative about your mother but you're gonna get over-sensitive if someone else does. Chicago South Sider can say very negative things about the south side but he's still gonna get over-sensitive if some north sider who doesn't know what he's talking about starts talking s***.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Sorry about that.
Not a problem, guy.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Not a problem, guy.
haha.. Well, Chicago South Sider didn't apologize to you, lmao

Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
And this is why God is an ******* (if he existed, which I don't believe he does). Why would you need to help someone if they're already helping themselves? People in these neighbourhoods need help because they're demoralized, brutalized, stigmatized, uneducated and left to rot in poverty, with no hopes of ever escaping. They can't get help from those around them because those around them are in THE SAME POSITION. That is why the government (y'know, the people who we elect to look after the country and make sure people are having at least a basic level of living) need to help them. They can't do it on their own.
Keep reinforcing that mentality. That's exactly what those communities need. Man, you've really bought into the victimhood arguement of Jesse, Al, and Flagler. The man is holdin you down!

By the way, In God We Trust!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownperson View Post
There you go again with you over reaching stereotypes. Yes, there are mother with too many kids that can't tae care of them, but the are also a lot of good families in these areas. You keep saying that I don't see the cultural effects when I've already acknowledged them. The point you don't seem to grasp, or are deliberately ignoring ARE the societal inequalities. You call these societal inequalities "excuses", so are under resourced schools excuses? Ironic, because that taps into your "black teens with no education". Are the lack of job opportunities excuse? Are the shutting down of services such as the USPS excuses? Is the distribution of police in poor BC in comparison to white communities an excuse too? You know the saying "if you treat someone like an animal long enough, they'll start acting like one".
I know there are good, hardworking, honest families living in these neighborhoods, and they're the ones who are getting victimized the worst! But, they're also the one's who aren't part of the problem. They're not the ones I'm referring to.
But, again, you're only arguement is that it's society's fault.
This problem has to be tackled at the root, which IMHO, starts with the culture of black teen girls having babies.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
hope this is not offtopic, but you know the incident with Mr G's over this week where 7 people got shot in a nightclub.

first tell me, WHY THE F DO YOU NEED TO BRING A GUN TO A NIGHTCLUB????

with this mentality, no wonder people are effed up. oh yes, and did those people with the guns respect Chicago's anti-gun laws? NO. I see nothing is working as to violence.. hell, if criminals can bring guns into a nightclub which is totally where you should be having fun and dancing and worse getting drunk, then where CAN you feel safe???

Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,786,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Honestly, I don't care one way or the other. There's no such thing as fair in life and that includes society.

So?

You just may drown some people with that pitiful, bleeding heart of yours.
Right, so you don't care care one way or another, hence my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago