Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 AM

867 posts, read 1,372,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Sometimes the black people deserve their disrespect, like isn't it a BLACK mob of teenagers that had been causing problems along the Lakefront and Michigan Ave? I used to play basketball with black kids in my neighborhood when I was young, but nowadays I don't want to play with blacks... I've had bad experiences with them. Like an old Sr Citizen black man backed up into my car and dented it, he pretended he had insurance then he drove away. I was about to take a pic of his license plate but a BLACK woman drove up and blocked my view. I was so pissed I felt like driving into her, but I let it all go. Then another time a black guy was parking on my block and his bumper made a big scrape against my rear bumper, scratching it. I was in my car while this happened so I got out and confronted the guy. He denied he hit my car, outright lying... Then I showed him the red paint marks on his bumper and he couldn't deny it. When I asked him a measely $5 for damage, he said he had no money. But he was going to the hospital because his wife was having a baby. Yeah, stupid irresponsible people who are poor shouldn't have kids too.

When I went to a retired teachers meeting about pensions a lot of the retired teachers were black.
Guess you figured us all out genius!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM

8 posts, read 30,024 times
So many times racism is in the eye of the beholder. Some people are so sensitive about everything that they look for people to stare or make comments about their race, skin color, or how they look in general. But you're never going to completely end racism or force everyone to love their brother.

As a W.A.S.P. I get enough resentment from certain minority groups. I've been called White Trash and other names that I could get all pissy about but I try not to let things like that bother me. I have grown to realize the people that make those remarks are the trashy ones.

As the old saying goes, I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,318,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inn Genius View Post
So many times racism is in the eye of the beholder. Some people are so sensitive about everything that they look for people to stare or make comments about their race, skin color, or how they look in general. But you're never going to completely end racism or force everyone to love their brother.

As a W.A.S.P. I get enough resentment from certain minority groups. I've been called White Trash and other names that I could get all pissy about but I try not to let things like that bother me. I have grown to realize the people that make those remarks are the trashy ones.

As the old saying goes, I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
Couldn't agree more. People can be so petty and sensitive. They really try to find as many ways possible to be a victim when in reality they are not.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM

830 posts, read 1,728,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inn Genius View Post
So many times racism is in the eye of the beholder. Some people are so sensitive about everything that they look for people to stare or make comments about their race, skin color, or how they look in general.
Except that the posters that inspired this thread clearly had people use racist slurs against them. They weren't digging for it.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM

39 posts, read 57,024 times
Well, we all know who has a corner on accusing others of racism. It's become more or less a cottage industry in this metropolitan area, after all.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Couldn't agree more. People can be so petty and sensitive. They really try to find as many ways possible to be a victim when in reality they are not.
Who are these "people"?

Do you know anything about their background?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:32 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
The first time I recall hearing someone dramatically accuse someone of racism was in middle school. I think it was 7th grade. A white kid loudly proclaimed that the black principal was a racist. The south suburban school had a noticeable white minority and he was saying that the black principal was racist against us.. It had something to do with the way the rules were being enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago