Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 09:04 AM

27 posts, read 32,235 times

Advertisements

Hi to all.
I'm am still trying to dial in my home phone service and was wondering if anyone out there has used Pioneer for their long distance and international calls. They have a lower service charge than AT&T and their rates seem good to Canada and to Europe for the international calls.

If anyone out there is using them, how do you like them? Any billing problems? Reliability?

Just looking for overall feedback on them. I do not call international much, but it is nice to be able to pick up your home phone and call if the need arises.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM

185 posts, read 594,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyworld View Post
Hi to all.
I'm am still trying to dial in my home phone service and was wondering if anyone out there has used Pioneer for their long distance and international calls. They have a lower service charge than AT&T and their rates seem good to Canada and to Europe for the international calls.

If anyone out there is using them, how do you like them? Any billing problems? Reliability?

Just looking for overall feedback on them. I do not call international much, but it is nice to be able to pick up your home phone and call if the need arises.

Thanks
My friend and her mother both have used Pioneer since some time back in the 1990s. I asked her and she says she doesn't think about it, just picks up the phone and dials. At the end of the month, the bill comes in email and it gets charged to her credit card. She said she doesn't know about their customer service since she's never had any reason to contact them after she first signed up. (I think that's a good thing!) And, yes, they have both been at the same addresses for that long.

I personally use onesuite.com, but other people don't like the idea of prepaid. Note that Pioneer, like several other long distance companies has different rates depending on which web site you sign up at. (They use independent agents who decide which plan to sell.) Check abtolls.com to see if you got the lowest rate quote.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:00 AM

27 posts, read 32,235 times
Thank you for your reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago