Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 05:06 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,195,195 times

Advertisements

Some of my friends are there now. What is your opinion on the summit? Are you against it, are you protesting it, indifferent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 05:07 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,314,369 times
Indifferent, as I know its importance, but not really happy with all the **** impeding my transportation.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:30 PM

14,796 posts, read 17,792,605 times
How could someone be against NATO? It's only one one the most successful alliances in modern history.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:05 PM

15,323 posts, read 24,056,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Some of my friends are there now. What is your opinion on the summit? Are you against it, are you protesting it, indifferent?
I don't care less. I don't understand the beef some people have against NATO. They are a big reason Europe has had a period of peace for so long.. but oh well. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I could care less if they protest. It's part of this country afterall..

I honestly think that people will always find something to ***** about.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,195,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I don't care less. I don't understand the beef some people have against NATO. They are a big reason Europe has had a period of peace for so long.. but oh well. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I could care less if they protest. It's part of this country afterall..

I honestly think that people will always find something to ***** about.
They're also the reason we're stuck in two pointless wars.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:23 PM

62 posts, read 136,131 times
Quote:
NATO, no my friend our country it's only reason.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:29 PM
rfp

333 posts, read 693,412 times
The demonstrations do not make any sense to me. There are more important things in national politics to be concerned about.

We have two $85 tickets to "The Iceman Cometh" at the Goodman theater for Sunday's afternoon performance. We'll be taking the Congress Street L which runs up Dearborn from Congress (underground as a subway). If we can't get through, we just might make the Chicago newspapers.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:45 PM

15,323 posts, read 24,056,915 times
Quote:
EH. I think there's more to the pointless wars going on and the ones which have gone on recently in the mid east than just NATO. Like a certain president's almost person agenda for many years. but you know...

Old 05-19-2012, 11:41 PM

229 posts, read 471,629 times
Quote:
Try learning about why the united states is in these two "pointless" wars and why we're still there instead of watching some anti nato youtube videos and then voicing your opinion on the internet.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:18 AM

575 posts, read 621,619 times
I live downtown, About a 1,000 protestors passed by my building around 6:00 pm Saturday. The first part of the column was running. Police on bycilces were inirially on the sides, but then the protestors went through a parking lot right next to a building and there was no room for the police on the side of the column. There were also police that got out of white vans in riot gear blocking side streets and, it appeared, trying to keep the protestors from spreading out.

I was quite a sight. The police had some, but not complete, control over the situation. Lots of red flags being carried by the protestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago