Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 PM

27 posts, read 156,059 times

Advertisements

I am possibly moving to Chicago in two month's and would like some help on possible neighborhoods to move into. My wife and I are in our mid-30's, no kids and currently live in Tribeca in NYC. We're both used to city life and want to live somewhere close to bars, restaurants, grocery stores, etc. but not where things are too crazy crowd wise.

As I mentioned, we currently live in Tribeca which is a quiet area that has a real neighborhood feel. The food and bars are great and we love that we have so many options within walking distance. I'm working in the 60611 zipcode and would like to be close to work, although a 20-25 minute commute will not kill me.

We will be renting and right now I'm trying to decide if a luxury building with amenities is what we want or if we'd rather have more space and look at a condo. Any help and/or opinions would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 08:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,657,350 times
Looks like you'll be working on the near north side. Neighborhoods to look into are Lincoln Park, Old Town (a sub-neighborhood of Lincoln Park), Lakeview, Wrigleyville (a sub-neigbhorhood of Lakeview), West Loop, Wicker Park and Bucktown. If you're willing to consider a commute of up to 45 minutes or so, also consider Lincoln Square, St. Ben's, and Roscoe Village. Information on most if not all of these neighborhoods can be found using the search function in the Chicago forum. Look for "City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago" in the upper left-hand corner, and click on "Chicago." Then at the top of the thread list, look for "Search This Forum" and then enter the name of a neighborhood to find info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: