Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:57 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Bus on a sunday morning to Belmont is a good idea. If you have a little extra cash to throw around you could always cab to the blue line and then go from there.

not must traffic on a Sunday though, so bus should be fine.
I've always done this, especially at a rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM

439 posts, read 953,999 times
$38 according to a website I found.

Taxi fare from belmont and broadway chicago il to O\'Hare International Airport (ORD) using Chicago, IL taxi rates

Old 02-28-2012, 11:41 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,876,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betsyboop09 View Post
Hi...New to the area and I need to get to O'hare on a Sunday morning from the Lakeview East area. I saw the most direct route is probably the Belmont 77 bus to the blue line. Is there any issue with the Belmont blue line stop? I know the station is underground and have read some accounts of people preferring train stops that are above ground. Any advice from anyone whose traveled this route would be great.

Thanks!
I think someone confused some old dank subway stop with Belmont, it's pretty stellar. On a Sunday morning there won't be much traffic, I live by this stop and my mom lives roughly at Belmont and the inner drive, so I make this trip all the time by bus, bike and car.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:59 AM

771 posts, read 1,395,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I think someone confused some old dank subway stop with Belmont, it's pretty stellar. On a Sunday morning there won't be much traffic, I live by this stop and my mom lives roughly at Belmont and the inner drive, so I make this trip all the time by bus, bike and car.
It's funny you mention that. I got off on Belmont blue line stop the other day and someone (I am assuming from out of town and from the DC) said to the person they were with "Wow, this station looks like the Metro stations back home in DC)". Which in my opinion is a compliment.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,876,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
It's funny you mention that. I got off on Belmont blue line stop the other day and someone (I am assuming from out of town and from the DC) said to the person they were with "Wow, this station looks like the Metro stations back home in DC)". Which in my opinion is a compliment.
Definitely. Belmont is no Harrison Red Line stop...

Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 PM

771 posts, read 1,395,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Definitely. Belmont is no Harrison Red Line stop...
Which I have to disagree with the DC person, the DC stations are much nicer, but as far as subways go, Belmont and Logan Square are the nicest subway stations in the city, with the exception of some in the Loop area that have been redone in the last 10 years.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:34 PM

102 posts, read 332,612 times
I live in Lakeview East as well and have taken that exact same route to O'hare countless times. It's an easy trip. I've never run into any problems at the Belmont blue line station either.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,831,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
Actually I think it would be more the $35. I think it could even be $50. I say this because I have taken a cab very early to O'Hare in the AM from where I live (which is like .25 away from the expressway in Avondale) and it cost me about $35. Coming from Lakeview East you could easily tack on anywhere from $10-15 more.
You can get preplanned taxi fare for $35 one way. Im not talking about just hoping into a cab in the street. If you call a cab company and let them know ahead of time, usually a $35 flat rate is easy to get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago