Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:34 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Dangerous means a lot of things to different people. And if ya ain't spelling it Lake View you are automatically disqualified from commenting on it- that's the post-gentrification re-branded Lakeview not the one dotted with factories, gypsies, appalachian hoodlums, Insane Unknowns, Latin Eagles, polish-irish blue collar types right out of A Streetcar Named Desire, the infamous tranny hookers of Belmont and Clark, the brief skinhead war between some nazi-styled thugs and local guys who shaved their heads and thew regularly threw each other through the Fleet's Inn window on Belmont. Seedy also works, but it was a seedy on the eastern edge that slowly got steeped in neighborhoods of people that still worked on their cars in the streets and fought for kicks when they got bored. Drive by shootings? Nope. Crazy drunk bastards shooting out their own windows out of depression and ignorance? Yep. Predators in general flocking to Clark St? Yep. Gay bashing bigot thugs from lord knows where? Yep. Drunken sports/concert goers fighting either one on one or in massive gang-sized brawls? Oh, you better believe it.
Pretty colorfully written. It's funny, the Belmont and Clark tranny hookers are still there, 40 years later. I would have thought they'd be retired by now.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:35 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
Pretty colorfully written. It's funny, the Belmont and Clark tranny hookers are still there, 40 years later. I would have thought they'd be retired by now.
maybe two years ago I was at Belmont & Clark at about 3 am on a Wed coming back from a concert and I saw two opposing groups of them and their pimps hurling insults from across Belmont. it is *astounding* how that neighborhood changes after midnight!

and the polar opposite of the first one I posted, pretty funny stuff in there, once you stifle the gag reflex (which is intentional by the authors I'm pretty sure).

**** Chicagoans Say - YouTube

Old 01-27-2012, 11:32 AM

3 posts, read 4,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
and the polar opposite of the first one I posted, pretty funny stuff in there, once you stifle the gag reflex (which is intentional by the authors I'm pretty sure).

**** Chicagoans Say - YouTube
I refuse to laugh at that until I see the birth certificates of the people who did it showing they were born at a hospital in Chicago -- preferably one that no longer exists like Ravenswood or Edgewater or Martha Washington or Frank Cuneo so we know they didn't fake it. Perhaps a cultural reference from more than three years ago would make it more believable, too. Bozo, Bert Weinman Ford, "My Bodyguard," Avalon, Wieboldt's, Rose Records, LoGalbo's.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread Moseby View Post
I refuse to laugh at that until I see the birth certificates of the people who did it showing they were born at a hospital in Chicago -- preferably one that no longer exists like Ravenswood or Edgewater or Martha Washington or Frank Cuneo so we know they didn't fake it. Perhaps a cultural reference from more than three years ago would make it more believable, too. Bozo, Bert Weinman Ford, "My Bodyguard," Avalon, Wieboldt's, Rose Records, LoGalbo's.
oh lord, no way are those people from Chicago, that's why I enjoyed it - I think they're actually doing some pretty good & self-deprecating satire there.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
I put ketchup on hot-dogs just to be contrary to 25 year old know-it-alls from Lakeview via Iowa who think I shouldn't. I think all us old school Chicagoans should start putting ketchup on the goddam things right now just to confound these weasels. Like I need advice from jagoffs who buy pizza from a joint called "Ian's".

Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I put ketchup on hot-dogs just to be contrary to 25 year old know-it-alls from Lakeview via Iowa who think I shouldn't. I think all us old school Chicagoans should start putting ketchup on the goddam things right now just to confound these weasels. Like I need advice from jagoffs who buy pizza from a joint called "Ian's".
goddamnit I need a warning before your posts to put down any beverages before reading.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post

Blech! I don't even put ketchup on french fries, so I'm sure as hell not gonna put it on anything else.

Ian's? Is that the place that uses soy cheese? More blech!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:35 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Ketchup on a hot dog?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:08 PM

191 posts, read 361,147 times
Quote:
Or St. Cabrini Hospital. Hehe.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Abe Gibron and Melody. Jim Moran the Courtesy Man. The Polish Disneyland at Crawford and Diversey. Willie Lee Lassiter. The Foreman Brothers murder. Two Gun Pete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago