Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 PM

191 posts, read 361,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-town native View Post
the problem with the "it takes a village to raise a child" sound bite is far too many parents seem to reinterpret it as "it's the village's job to raise my child."
gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 09:55 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,456 times
actually your wrong there is a strong correlation to singlemotherhood and crime and poverty.

if you look at stats for AA who come from marriage their crime rates
are actual lower than white kids,and the racial wealth gap closes from 50%
to about 10% in wealth.

and by the way Im blk democrat liberal but facts are facts.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:51 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
actually your wrong there is a strong correlation to singlemotherhood and crime and poverty.

if you look at stats for AA who come from marriage their crime rates
are actual lower than white kids,and the racial wealth gap closes from 50%
to about 10% in wealth.

and by the way Im blk democrat liberal but facts are facts.
Thats truth.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM

674 posts, read 1,055,456 times
Mind showing those statistics on single mothers?

And either way. The absence of a father makes things harder; but it doesn't equate with raising a delinquent or make it a justification.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 AM

117 posts, read 128,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you are down on Chicago. If you've been to any other place or just read the news in other major cities you will see the same problems.
Actually, you may be wrong. Chicago is in a classless, tasteless state of its own. You seem like a nice, genuine person. I don't see how you can live in that pit.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
That's funny, I kinda feel the same way about you.

Thanks for the energy you're putting into me. I never thought twice about you after that first reply until this reply. Have a merry day in your nazi city. Dont get upset at me because I have pride and dignity. Your ethnic group came out of the rape of the Native Americans by the Europeans. That's not my fault.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:22 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,165,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bourgeois View Post
...Chicago is in a classless, tasteless state of its own. ...I don't see how you can live in that pit.
Tell us how you really feel!

Also, your statements are quite wrong.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:20 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Thanks for the energy you're putting into me. I never thought twice about you after that first reply until this reply. Have a merry day in your nazi city. Dont get upset at me because I have pride and dignity. Your ethnic group came out of the rape of the Native Americans by the Europeans. That's not my fault.
I have no idea what this means. What ethnic group do you think I belong to? Can you see through the interwebs? Did you test my DNA too?

Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I have no idea what this means. What ethnic group do you think I belong to? Can you see through the interwebs? Did you test my DNA too?
You're correct. That comment was just as ridiculous as yours. One ridiculous comment deserves another. Jlajos, is the woman in this video you?

Racist Woman Slaps Mailman - YouTube

Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
You're correct. That comment was just as ridiculous as yours. One ridiculous comment deserves another. Jlajos, is the woman in this video you?

Racist Woman Slaps Mailman - YouTube
Nope, my comment was true, yours is garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago