Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 03:41 PM

124 posts, read 220,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-sea View Post
In fact you cannot go down town, and just strike up a conversation with someone NOT of your race.
Woah, woah, woah...I'm really hoping this is a joke. That or you're just a troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 05:24 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,538,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne222 View Post
Woah, woah, woah...I'm really hoping this is a joke. That or you're just a troll.
sadly he/she is one of a solid dozen Chicago bashing trolls that have plagued city data

Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Now for my story-

I danced with a black girl at Smartbar after a show at the Metro one night. Not only did the DJ stop the music, but the entire club grabbed me and took me outside. They dragged me to the redline stop on Addison near Wrigley and hung me from the elevated tracks upside down. They then proceeded to spit on me as they all chanted "I wish we were New York". After it was finally over, I went home to my cardboard box and ate my stale bag of marshmallows that I found in a dumpster outside of a VERY VERY suburban looking Jewel-Osco supermarket (so close to downtown yet so suburban ahhhh!). That is my story about poor, poor, depraved Chicago.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:51 PM

410 posts, read 494,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
sadly he/she is one of a solid dozen Chicago bashing trolls that have plagued city data
Does any other city on this site have such a following? I could probably make an entire list of these bashers just by doing a search on this board and on city vs. city. Heck there's a plethora of them on skyscraper.com.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSunshineKid View Post
Does any other city on this site have such a following? I could probably make an entire list of these bashers just by doing a search on this board and on city vs. city. Heck there's a plethora of them on skyscraper.com.
no...philly has quite a few, but not to the extent of Chicago

Old 11-03-2011, 09:49 PM

124 posts, read 220,321 times
Quote:
no...philly has quite a few, but not to the extent of Chicago
Well Philly. I mean, come on. Who likes Philly? Hahaha

And nah, like, I don't mind like the rivalries between cities and states (I'll say to people I know from other states how much better Illinois is, especially to people from Wisconsin). But when someone makes up stories like that, it's ridiculous.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:59 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,877,679 times
Quote:
Now for my story-

I danced with a black girl at Smartbar after a show at the Metro one night. Not only did the DJ stop the music, but the entire club grabbed me and took me outside. They dragged me to the redline stop on Addison near Wrigley and hung me from the elevated tracks upside down. They then proceeded to spit on me as they all chanted "I wish we were New York". After it was finally over, I went home to my cardboard box and ate my stale bag of marshmallows that I found in a dumpster outside of a VERY VERY suburban looking Jewel-Osco supermarket (so close to downtown yet so suburban ahhhh!). That is my story about poor, poor, depraved Chicago.
This is a very sad story, truly heart wrenching story, that had me crying for hours after reading it. My entire sense of humanity was awakened and directed at your shocking experience. I am filled with compassion for you and your unbelievable travail.

It saddens me greatly that a redline stop was used for this debacle when there is a more politically correct and Loop circling brown line stop at Southport, just blocks away, that would have made this instead an enjoyable and highly rewarding experience for you.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:50 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,521,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne222 View Post
Well Philly. I mean, come on. Who likes Philly? Hahaha

And nah, like, I don't mind like the rivalries between cities and states (I'll say to people I know from other states how much better Illinois is, especially to people from Wisconsin). But when someone makes up stories like that, it's ridiculous.
I like Philly!

Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM

8,634 posts, read 13,044,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Can tell me, Why Chicago is so poor?
Maybe 60 years of suburban flight is the major contributor.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:49 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,438,822 times
Philly is a great city. One of the most underrated on the East Coast, and an affordable alternative to NYC (easy to get to NYC any time any day pretty much via their multitude of public trans options), and their cheesesteaks are to die for (and eat too many of them and u might die too lol). Too bad NFL football fans have to hate on each other this coming Monday night, but other than that I feel like Chicago & Philly actually have quite a bit in common even though Chicago is more of the Alpha city at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
I like Philly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago