Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odina_123 View Post
The Irving Park location we have been to...It doesnt have enough space because roomie's relatives are coming over in august/ september for about a 1.5 months(staying with us) and before that my relatives are visiting and even tho they will be living at my parents I would like them to come over every once in a while...She has very specific tastes and at this point I feel like I need to have a convo about her expectations.
tell her that as renters, you have NO need for high end finishes. it boggles my mind why renters, esp. renters who know they won't be there for years, want stainless steel appliances, granite counters, or other junk like Brazilian cherry-wood floors and jacuzzi tubs. those things make more sense if you own a house you're going to be in long term or eventually want to increase the value of. as a renter, it's an added perk to have one or more of these things, but I wouldn't go out of my way to look for them. white appliances cook just as well

tell her that at that price point, finding in unit W/D will be hard enough. discard the rest-or forget out in unit W/D and just settle for W/D on the premises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 07:18 PM

312 posts, read 713,034 times
but what about the backsplash??

Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 PM

56 posts, read 169,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ole69 View Post
but what about the backsplash??
LOL I like backsplash. Me thinks it makes all the difference...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago