Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 12:54 PM

55 posts, read 275,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Right now it doesn't even run to downtown on weekends -- it stops at Western Avenue and then you have to take a bus from there.
Wow, when did this happen? I'll be moving to Wicker Park (Damen stop on the blue line) and will be working in downtown. Does this mean I can't take the El to work??!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 01:00 PM

204 posts, read 941,726 times
Quote:
So it's pretty much unanimous............. Midway................

Oh, and you better have an awesome time in our city. If you don't, we'll suspect you're not right in the head.
Now that I found out that Southwest involves a stop in STL, I might have to try this ATA Airlines that goes from DFW->Midway for $80 each way. Either way, it looks like Midway is the obvious choice.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:19 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,366,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeChicagoan View Post
Wow, when did this happen? I'll be moving to Wicker Park (Damen stop on the blue line) and will be working in downtown. Does this mean I can't take the El to work??!
Not if you work on weekends I suppose. Theoretically the repair work should be done in September at which point weekend service to downtown will be restored.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:53 PM

96 posts, read 647,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeChicagoan View Post
I think the restriction is only in the weekends

Old 05-17-2009, 05:43 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,355,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
I agree with Drover & kkaufmann. If you have a choice, go for the flight to Midway Airport. The Orange Line (Midway Airport to Downtown Loop) is faster & more reliable than the Blue Line from O'Hare to Downtown. Distance-wise Midway is also closer to the Loop. And lastly, Southwest Airlines flights tend to be more timely than American Airlines flights from my experiences. Oh yeah and lastly, Midway Airport although quite busy, is not AS delay-prone as the extremely congested O'Hare which consistently sets records in delays, and also has to deal with a lot of international traffic that Midway does not have to deal with. Not good if you're trying to reach somewhere on time. Good luck & have fun in Chicago!
Lately, I have been able to get from the gate to Midway Park and Ride and be on my way in under 30 minutes. At O'Hare, it always takes forever.

The restaurants in the food court and around the airport are generally a lot better than the selections at O'Hare - Pegasus on the Fly, Manny's, etc.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:49 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,969,753 times
Quote:
Not if you work on weekends I suppose. Theoretically the repair work should be done in September at which point weekend service to downtown will be restored.
wow i thought it was only going to last a few days... I guess I should have read those little yellow papers haha

Old 05-18-2009, 08:49 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,855,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
wow i thought it was only going to last a few days... I guess I should have read those little yellow papers haha
This thread is two years old. The work is done now, and you can now take trains from O'Hare at the regualr slow pace. It takes about 45 minutes.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:05 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,934,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
This thread is two years old. The work is done now...
False.

CTA Tattler: Weekend woes: Blue Line shut from Grand to Western

Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 PM

75 posts, read 201,536 times
Midway -- can easily catch the train or cab into the city...O'Hare is a nightmare

Old 05-18-2009, 03:08 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,456,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
This has been such a PITA. They still haven't even updated the transit site so it shows NO closures on the blue line. Agg. I hate having to take that shuttle for one or two stops but taking a cab gets expensive fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: