Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:20 AM

77 posts, read 507,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
That explains it.

By the way, did you get the buttercrust at Lou's?

Nope, regular crust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 04:57 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPointy View Post
Nope, regular crust.
The key to Lou's is butter crust. If you would have gotten that, it would not have been oily at all.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
San Soo Gab San is a popular place but it would cost about $40 in cab fare to get there and back, or you could take the train and walk about six blocks from the station (one-way trip about one hour).
Thanks, went to San Soo Gab San on train and MAN the food was good I had BBQ chicken; and they brought out a zillion salads. I really really liked the chicken
Very spicy and nice Maybe its because I havent had Korean food in a while
What is the transparent noodle-salad they put out? It was crunchy.

Yesterday I went to Klay oven, the food was OK, but not too good. The vegetable pakoras were very oily, the tandoori chicken seemed to have been cooked at too high a temp, a bit overcooked on the outside; although the spice flavoring was good.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
The key to Lou's is butter crust. If you would have gotten that, it would not have been oily at all.
What changes in a butter crust? It is more buttery?

Next up: Ginos east, or the art of pizza.. Hmmm..

Last edited by MrPointy; 04-14-2011 at 10:32 PM..

Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
While I like both, Art of Pizza blows Gino's East out of the water. Plus you can get stuffed pizza by the slice there, so if you're by yourself you don't have to buy a whole pie and nibble on it for 2 or 3 days.

Sorry to hear Klay Oven wasn't very good. There's an Indo-Pak neighborhood about a mile north of San Soo Gab San that has a whole row of solid restaurants; I was just trying to recommend something close to your hotel.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 PM

Oh, I did not notice you had recommended Klay Oven I picked it up based on google.
When I went it was pretty much empty, maybe two other tables.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Quote:
What changes in a butter crust? It is more buttery?
One is not butter crust-the other is.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 AM

Today I had the Malnati Chicago Classic with additional toppings of mushrooms, onions, black olives and spinach.
Boy oh boy oh boy, it was THE BEST PIZZA EVER!!!!

I really like that Malnati's really piles on the additional toppings (some places only add a small amount, or reduce the amount of base toppings.

Not Malnatis, the toppings were falling into the pan when I was taking the pieces out, just the way I like it.

I really liked the butter crust, more crispy (anyone know how the composition of the butter crust differs from that of the regular crust?)

I was planning to go to the Art of Pizza, but it got too late, and I was starving, and I had to try tonythetuna's suggestion of buttercrust...glad I did

Anyone know where I can get a decent foldable umbrella, that wont be trashed by the wind? The lightweight new umbrella I brought lasted 10 minutes. I went to Target, did not like the umbrella's there.

And oh, the walgreens/cvs in this area charge 75% more than Target for ointments and miscellanious things WTH

Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 AM

3,697 posts, read 4,998,064 times
Quote:
Today I had the Malnati Chicago Classic with additional toppings of mushrooms, onions, black olives and spinach.
Boy oh boy oh boy, it was THE BEST PIZZA EVER!!!!

And oh, the walgreens/cvs in this area charge 75% more than Target for ointments and miscellanious things WTH
In general prices downtown are a bit more expensive than elswhere in the city and Walgreens is not a low priced store like target. Don't spend too much on a foldable umbrella, wind really likes to distory that type.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:22 AM

Thanks for the help everyone, I have returned from the trip. On saturday, I went to Lou Malnatis again and had the same pizza, it tasted just as good!!!!
Normal food doesnt taste so good now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago