Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 AM

5 posts, read 6,613 times

Advertisements

I'm not quite sure how this works but here goes: A couple of months back i recieved a bogus ticket. I took my daugther to an appt. up north (Chicago) I dropped her off then proceeded to find a non-payin parkin space for what took forever. I lucked up down the street from where i had to go. I noticed other cars and people still in them this was 9:24am.
I pulled into an open spot. I read the sign no parking till 9:30am. I figured thats why people are still sittin in there cars. So i sat-was on the phone talking and waitin for 9:30. At 9:27am a police car turns the corner other cars pull off. I waited for police ofc to pull up to me he did i engaged him in a convo. 9:30 am comes i ask the ofc if i was cool to stay park he said yeh. I made a note of his car # #1811. I get out the car and i noticed i was parked at a fire hydrent. Mad i had to move lucked up again n found 1 a couple of spots down. Ask the lady n front to pull up a lil she did i parked. This is well after 9:30am now. Im still on the ph. I say 4 some reason it feels like im going to get a ticket and when i came bk couple of few hrs later i did. And to my amazement and pisstivity. I GOT A BOGUS ASS TICKET. IT SAID 9:24am(but happy it wasn't from the ofc i talked with). I WAS NOT EVEN IN THAT PARKING SPOT AT THAT TIME I WAS DOWN THE STREET. NEEDLESS TO SAY I CONTESTED. I LOST!!!!!!!!!Now I am really hurt & upset that i could b found guilty bc i admitted to BEING IN THE AREA - what does that mean? To appeal cost $129. more then the $60. for the ticket. It's distrubing that the ones that are suppose to protects us are the ones hangin us out to DRY!!!!!!!!! And of course now I have to pay the $60. there are no guarntees i win or that the judge reinburses my fees. They win again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 10:18 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,032,734 times
Should you be surprised? No. The bogus ticket is part of the Chicago welcome wagon.

I've been in your shoes, and it sucks. Unfortunately, we have no recourse.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:25 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,235,935 times
So you were illegally standing in front of a fire hydrant, possibly illegally driving while on the phone (not clear whether you hung up while moving the car to a new spot), and you're complaining about a $60 ticket?

If you're really that worked up about it, you are better off than most: you have a witness. Find the officer you spoke to and have him testify.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:29 PM

Now not only do i have to pay a ticket i didn't deserve in the first place it has now doubled. The city counts everyday not just business days. Should of guessed. This systems SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM

Yes im complaining - I did not get ticket for talkin on the phone and the ofc didnt realize i was parked in front of a fire hydrant like me. I thought bout tryin to find that ofc but i highly doubt if he throw his co-worker under the bus. You know they have a code of honor (forsake all but there own). I am so angry!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM

why is that? Who helps us - the wrongly accused?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 PM

Default Why why why

I shall continue to pray about it!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:53 PM

3,717 posts, read 5,051,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julie12 View Post
I'm not quite sure how this works but here goes: A couple of months back i recieved a bogus ticket. I took my daugther to an appt. up north (Chicago) I dropped her off then proceeded to find a non-payin parkin space for what took forever. I lucked up down the street from where i had to go. I noticed other cars and people still in them this was 9:24am.
I pulled into an open spot. I read the sign no parking till 9:30am. I figured thats why people are still sittin in there cars. So i sat-was on the phone talking and waitin for 9:30. At 9:27am a police car turns the corner other cars pull off. I waited for police ofc to pull up to me he did i engaged him in a convo. 9:30 am comes i ask the ofc if i was cool to stay park he said yeh. I made a note of his car # #1811. I get out the car and i noticed i was parked at a fire hydrent. Mad i had to move lucked up again n found 1 a couple of spots down. Ask the lady n front to pull up a lil she did i parked. This is well after 9:30am now. Im still on the ph. I say 4 some reason it feels like im going to get a ticket and when i came bk couple of few hrs later i did. And to my amazement and pisstivity. I GOT A BOGUS ASS TICKET. IT SAID 9:24am(but happy it wasn't from the ofc i talked with). I WAS NOT EVEN IN THAT PARKING SPOT AT THAT TIME I WAS DOWN THE STREET. NEEDLESS TO SAY I CONTESTED. I LOST!!!!!!!!!Now I am really hurt & upset that i could b found guilty bc i admitted to BEING IN THE AREA - what does that mean? To appeal cost $129. more then the $60. for the ticket. It's distrubing that the ones that are suppose to protects us are the ones hangin us out to DRY!!!!!!!!! And of course now I have to pay the $60. there are no guarntees i win or that the judge reinburses my fees. They win again

That was not a bogus ticket. You were illegally parked at 9:24. It did not matter that you were in your car. Whoever saw you at 9:24 was waiting for you to get out of your car so that they could ticket you without confrontation. They just delivered the ticket to you latter.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,788,876 times
I really tried to read your OP. I did. But that wall of horrible grammar was too much for my head to bear on a Friday. Suffice to say, you can contest, you can complain on a forum and you can pray, but you're far better off just paying the ticket and calling it a day. Being this upset over something so small is a good way to give yourself a heart attack.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:15 PM

588 posts, read 1,810,520 times
I hope that you present a verbal defense better than your written one. Something funny tells me there is more to this story than told. There are enough things for cops to look about and care about than writing a "bogus" Parker. So everyone else was to blame for your illegal parking and your inability to read clear instructions on when a fine is due I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago