Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:01 AM

512 posts, read 1,185,378 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for the replies. I will have to check all these places as soon as I get back on your American soil..

I bumped into this website --> Artificial Turf Fields | Friends of the Parks and what I found out about artifical turf:

Quote:
An infection known as MRSA is a drug-resistant bacteria that was recently identified in the Chicago Tribune as a disease that kills more people in the United States than the AIDS virus. MRSA begins with a skin lesion and can quickly spread through the body leading to serious illness and often to death. MRSA can be transferred by contact on athletic equipment and gyms.
A study by the Centers for Disease Control found that athletes who sustain a skin burn from artificial turf were “seven times more likely to develop MRSA infection”. Another study published in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology in 2000 found that “MRSA survives better on artificial turf than on other surfaces”.
That's discouraging... Real things are always better than artificials
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 04:23 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,213,312 times
I meant argyle and albany.

That mrsa thing was just some scare that happened a few years ago. No one worries about it anymore

Old 08-08-2010, 04:36 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,672,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
...That's discouraging... Real things are always better than artificials
It is best to wear cotton clothing only as well. Bacteria survives and thrives in artificial fabric way more often than cotton.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:01 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,672,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
...That mrsa thing was just some scare that happened a few years ago...
No it is not just some scare.

"We have come to expect that modern medicine can cure just about any infection. But bacteria are finding ways to evade, one by one, the drugs in our arsenal, and that arsenal is not being replenished with new antibiotics."

"But the pharmaceutical industry and some infectious-disease doctors say the proposed rules will make it so difficult and expensive to gain approval for new antibiotics that the few remaining companies will abandon the field altogether."

Antibiotics: Stalemate over developing new antibiotics shuts off pipeline - chicagotribune.com

Old 03-15-2011, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 715 times
Default New 7v7 soccer leagues in chicago

Hey guys, if you want to play 7v7 outdoor soccer any level, feel free to check the following website out: [url=http://www.chicagosoccerleague.com]Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more[/url]
We have coed, men's competitive, men's recreational and ISSA affiliated leagues.
We also have a formal soccer club for individuals interested in practice, team spirit, coaches ,etc
This is adult soccer by the way, over 16
Take care
Seb

Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 PM

83 posts, read 340,458 times
turf fields on montrose by the lake

there is also one on foster by the lake (i think)

i always go to the one on the montrose exit of lsd

Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,144,514 times
There is a nice enclosed field on the west side of Humboldt Park, just south of the Little Cubs field. It's usually empty when I see it on my daily dog walks.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 632 times
anybody knows where to soccer in the suburbs around Chicago? Thanks

Old 07-31-2011, 03:16 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,959,498 times
my son plays at kilbourn and he says its the best. its occupied a lot. he is not hispanic. there are leagues that are set up by different organizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: