Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:53 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,731,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Niles has it's industrial/warehousing primarily in one section, seperate from residential area. Industry can be good, often it helps keep property taxes down.
I am well aware of that section. I used to work in it.

Again, I would hardly describe Niles "overrun" with industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 11:58 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,229,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalist View Post
Morton Grove is a peaceful quiet community extension of Skokie. Minorities in Morton Grove typically speak Korean and drive Lexuses.
There are more Indians and Filipinos there than Koreans.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 PM

13,009 posts, read 18,983,280 times
Perhaps I was exaggerating a little, but there is the Industrial area along Lehigh, the Golf Mill center and seemingly all along Milwaukee Av. Morton Grove is much more residential.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,307,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Perhaps I was exaggerating a little, but there is the Industrial area along Lehigh, the Golf Mill center and seemingly all along Milwaukee Av. Morton Grove is much more residential.
Ummm, Golf Mill is primarily retail; Milwaukee Av is primarily retail. Now Lehigh Rd, Howard St and Gross Point is light industry, warehousing and office space. Using the correct terminology is helpful

Old 09-28-2011, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,342 times
Morton Grove has a great Park District with a number of activities for children and familes. The Library also offers creative programs and services for all ages. The Village operates the Civic Center for Senior Services. A number of local youth organizations such MGYBSA and AYSO exist to offer alternatives for families as well. Tremendous farmers Market and a wonderful Historical Museum exist in Morton Grove.The schools, park disrict, library, village and local churches all work together which is something you don't see in alot of other communities.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:48 PM

7 posts, read 10,527 times
I would pick Niles over Morton Grove. The taxes are lower and the houses are bigger. Also it was rated number one place to raise a child. If not, go with Glenview.. Taxes are the same but you get better land and the houses are more charming.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,278,165 times
How do they go about deciding if a place is good to raise a child? I've got nothing against Niles at all, ( I mean, I work in Niles) but I could think of a handful of other places that would be better, in my opinion.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,307,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnl123 View Post
I would pick Niles over Morton Grove. The taxes are lower and the houses are bigger. Also it was rated number one place to raise a child. If not, go with Glenview.. Taxes are the same but you get better land and the houses are more charming.
Personal opinion. I like the are of Morton Grove that goes to Parkview school. East of Lehigh, north of Dempster, south of Golf and west of Harms. Close to the forest preserve and the bike path, close to the MG pool, and lots of trees. Now if the $ is in the budget, I like Glenview even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs