Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 15,692 times

Advertisements

This is not a town you want to live in. Yes, this is a affordable town and around this town there are really wealthy areas. I grew up in Orland Park I lived in a nice area but there are some really nice affordable areas elsewhere. Joliet is a great affordable area or Paris. In Paris you can buy a house for 14,000. It is about 3 hours from here but if you have a family to support and need a good area to live in this is the place to live. Google Paris IL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,546 times
I lived there all of my childhood life. In order for anyone to change, their mindset must change as well. I can recall very happy days there and to this day, most of the people that I grew up have been very successful in their personal and professional lives. I must mention that things have changed quite a bit. I do believe that there is a ray of hope for the community, but if the mentality stays the same then the community will perish. I wish all who chooses to stay the best but for me and my family we will develop and grow in a more positive and stable community.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:52 AM
jj6

1 posts, read 3,297 times
Dear Jesus,If you have a death wish, move to robbins.Unless you are Clint Eastwood with a private armyand tank, STAY AWAY.This place is Hell's Playground. Seriously. Run foryour life. No joke. Two white guys got arrested in thattown. Then the cops thought it would be funny to setthem free in Robbins. A vicious black gang ran up to thewhites at a pay phone and poured GASOLINE on the whites.Then set them on fire. True story.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:51 PM

151 posts, read 413,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj6 View Post
Dear Jesus,If you have a death wish, move to robbins.Unless you are Clint Eastwood with a private armyand tank, STAY AWAY.This place is Hell's Playground. Seriously. Run foryour life. No joke. Two white guys got arrested in thattown. Then the cops thought it would be funny to setthem free in Robbins. A vicious black gang ran up to thewhites at a pay phone and poured GASOLINE on the whites.Then set them on fire. True story.
I thought that happened in Ford Heights? I remember hearing about that when it happened, about 15 years ago now. Or was there another similar incident recently?

Either way, avoid Robbins like the plague.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:07 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times
Robbins has been in the same sorry state for more than 40 years. If change was coming, one would think it should have arrived by now.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:15 PM

21 posts, read 25,572 times
Im shocked that At1WithNature never posted on this thread.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,192 times
Stay away from Robbins at all costs! I am a recovering drug addict (10 years clean) and did a search on this place just for kicks. Although it has been many years since I've been to Robbins, my father lives in an adjacent town and confirms that it is still horrible. I have since lived in 10 different cities due to my career field and traveled to MANY more and I have only ever seen one suburb this bad in all my years - East Orange, NJ if anyone is curious. Robbins is definitely NOT a place any honest hard-working person, especially anyone with a family wants to live.

I used to travel to Robbins from a nearby suburb to get my fix of crack cocaine and the dealers are so brazen that they will simply approach you in broad daylight. They sell drugs right on the corner out in the open, or at least used to (I don't fathom much has changed for the better in 10 years). I've had a gun shoved right in my passenger's face before while driving through to get a fix.

One of my old friends, a guy I went to school with was shot and killed while trying to buy crack cocaine in Robbins not more than a few years ago. I know what you're probably thinking "yeah, but that guy was into bad stuff", true, but it does not discount the fact that Robbins is a horrible place to live with a very-real violence and drug problem. If you are white, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT police will stop you simply based upon the color of your skin and unless you are an avid junkie looking for a short walk to your dealer - GO ELSEWHERE.

I don't usually post on forums, but curiosity got the best of me in searching for my old drug hangout and I found this board. If you need to live in the area due to work, search Crestwood or Midlothian. Even Posen which is only a couple of miles away is a better option than Robbins. Ideally, the further away you get from this place, the better.

From someone who used to frequent this place every day, please take my advice on this!

Last edited by SiddySlicker; 09-07-2009 at 06:47 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,892 times
This is one place you definetly don't want to move to. The economy consists of 3 liquor stores, a gas station, a polish sausage stand and the corner stone, narcotics. Unsafe town with a corrupt police force. White people are harrased by police for driving while white, even on main streets(Kedzie,Pulaski,135th.)
Police officers allow drugs to be dealt in plain view. Dark and unwelcoming all the time, especially after dark. Robbins needs a jolt of hope.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeTheRustBelt View Post
I thought that happened in Ford Heights? I remember hearing about that when it happened, about 15 years ago now. Or was there another similar incident recently?

Either way, avoid Robbins like the plague.
You're correct. Ford Heights, 1995.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,853 times
Racism still lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs