Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 PM

137 posts, read 549,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnice View Post
Thanks for your help.
So far, we have decided on district 203, but are not certain of which subdivision within 203. We would appreciate more detailed comments about the neighborhoods you live in.

Also, we're not sure of the 203 high schools, Central and North.
Do you like one more than the other and why?
Thank you so much.
In the price point you're looking - you might consider checking out Chestnut Ridge, Hunters Woods, Huntington Hills, West Branch, Naper Carriage Hill, Maplebrook, Farmstead, Kings Terrace, Century Hill, Huntington Commons, to name a few to get you started. There are certainly many others, and then there are areas around town and the train that aren't really considered subdivisions that are great places to live. All of them have their own attributes. As there are many, it would be easier if we knew what you were looking for in a neighborhood to be able to narrow it down somewhat. i.e. Park in the neighborhood, or elementary school in neighborhood or close to town, or pool in the subdivision, etc.

Regarding 203 high schools. They are both OUTSTANDING schools. The difference between the schools is negligible. One year one school does better academically or winning athletic teams and the next year the opposite. Over the past 25 years, while I've lived here, they are neck and neck and you should be proud to be attending either one!

Can't say enough good things about the education my children received from the Naperville School System. Looking back in retrospect, I don't think I could have made a better choice than to raise my family here. No regrets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 08:34 PM

10 posts, read 50,675 times
We live in the downtown area...and while I know many are priced out via teardowns or don't want to live in a 100 yr old that is cheaper...I will never again live somewhere where we can not walk to everything.

I would live in a tent if I had to to be able to walk to the riverwalk, shops, parks, schools, restauraunts, and all the festivals. Nothing like putting the kids in the stroller and walkign over to RibFest or the Last Fling.

Its pricey for a reason...there not making more land in that area and a lot of folks want to be there.

Overall, the nice part about the older areas of Naperville (roughly those north or east ig you were to trace a line on a map from 75th and south along Naper/Plain Rd) is they have a great sense of community.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM

720 posts, read 3,008,051 times
Default naperville

Basically all of Naperville is nice, depends on what your looking for. The south side of Naperville has probably by far the best library you have ever seen, you also have to deal with a lot of traffic, long way to expressways, downtown Naperville etc.

If you want to be able to take advantage of downtown and the riverwalk and walk to festivals and stuff you may want to be closer to downtown.

I know Naperville pretty well, if you mention a specific area, subdivision or even what your looking for we could probably help you more.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:50 AM

146 posts, read 313,982 times
Thank you all for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.

We can't decide between Park Ridge or Naperville. They're both very nice, and have so much to offer, which makes it difficult for us to decide. Park Ridge is much smaller, therefore easier to decide which part and/or school we like best. So, I don't really need that much help about it.

However, Naperville is so large and we've been very confused about the subdivisions. We want a friendly subdivision under $400K, taxes under $8K, and lots of kids playing outside/parks ( if that's posssible anymore )

We did some research, drove around, and narrowed our choices to the following subdivisions:
1. Rose Hill Farms ( Patterson Elem., not Ashbury because of high taxes )
2. Knoch Knolls, some of Old Sawmill ( Spring Brook Elem., )
3. Mapplebrook ii

Any comments on this areas. Cons/pros? Thank you.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 8,197 times
Saybrook is a great subdivision for kids, adults, and old folks. It has both an elementary school & a Jr. High right in the subdivision. Naperville North, (The best in Naperville), is the High School here and is a 8 minute walk. The houses and even a condo (only 1) range from 300k to 600k depending on size. There is a pool, and many new stores along Ogden (Including walkable to Jewel Osco, Starbucks, Weight Watchers for the fatties, verizon, ect.)

1104 BRAINARD ST, NAPERVILLE IL 60563

Saybrook, Naperville Illinois Real Estate

Old 03-23-2010, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 8,159 times
anyone have a comment with regards to metea 204?
we are interested in the newer areas surrounding may watts, but concerned about unknown high school...

would one be better off playing it safe and staying in 203...

Old 07-29-2010, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 7,724 times
We currently live in Oak Park, IL, but we are thinking of moving to Naperville, but are finding it confusing to decide where to move in Naperville. A few of the homes, (new constructions), we like are falling in the PLAINFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT 202. We are not familiar with the area and would like good advice. Is it a good area, how far is that from downtown Naperville. HELP.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMGAL View Post
We currently live in Oak Park, IL, but we are thinking of moving to Naperville, but are finding it confusing to decide where to move in Naperville. A few of the homes, (new constructions), we like are falling in the PLAINFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT 202. We are not familiar with the area and would like good advice. Is it a good area, how far is that from downtown Naperville. HELP.
Taking a drive out there is the best way to understand the area.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:39 PM

720 posts, read 3,008,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnice View Post
We are not sure about 204. We've heard that property taxes are very high, and that will get higher. Also, apparently school districts keep changing and we might end up with an Aurora school district. The 203 seems stable and safe.
Property taxes go up everywhere but Naperville just built Metea and isn't growing as quickly as it was so probably no need to build a new high school anytime soon.

Oswego however is one place I think taxes will go up as the are basically going to go through what Naperville has gone through in the next few years.

There was just a bunch of redistricting that happenned in 204 so probably nothing to dramatic comming down the pipe. Also, there's certain areas within 204 that if they were to change boundaires would be affected but there are plenty of areas in 204 where you would be guranteed not to change districts. Not suggesting this as a neighborhood to live in but something like Ashbury will never go anywhere but Neuqua. There is no way you would wind up in Aurora school district although there are areas where your kids could end up going to Waubonsie if they were to change but just dont buy in those areas.

As for school, my personal opinion is people get WAY too hung up on which high school their kids will go to in Naperville or which district they are in.

I think there's a huge difference between say Bolingbrook schools and Naperville schools, however Neuqua, Central, North all great schools. Do you really think your kid is going to be that more more successful because they went to North instead of Central or vice versa?

Personally if I had kids as long as I was in Naperville it would be all about the house, people will talk about the report cards but your going to get an equally good education at any of the Naperville high schools in Naperville. IMHO it would be dumb to pick a house you like less just because it falls under central instead of north or nequa instead of north.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMGAL View Post
I live in Naperville but unfortunately am not very familiar with 202.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs