Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 01:51 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
Most suburbs of Chicago are conservative.
ummm... What?

..Maybe on your North Shore but not "most Chicago suburbs".

Last edited by urza216; 07-18-2010 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
yeah i agree "most suburbs are conservative" is pushing it.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:12 PM

74 posts, read 167,623 times
Try driving through Oak Park or Evanston with a GOP bumper sticker. You'd be pelted with organic, free-range, gluten-free hummus before you could say tea party!

Old 07-18-2010, 02:37 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,324,587 times
I think of Lemont as a hidden diamond in the rough. It has some issues and could use some revitalization, but overall its a nice area with a more outdoorsy feel to it.

It may lean to the right, but not overwhelmingly... Lemont,il Campaign Contributions -- Huffington Post

Old 07-18-2010, 03:15 PM

3 posts, read 11,000 times
dacas1 is funny. I'm not mad at my husband. I rather like him, hence the reason I am married to him.

I see your comment it for what it is; an attempt to raise your hackles in defense of your insecurities (i.e. lemonster). Do you have children in the high school?

My brother and two cousins attended Lemont High School. All 3 graduating over the last 4 years. They couldn't say enough about the drug use and abuse. And yes, they were not kidding when they said that the majority of the teen population were drunks or druggies.

I have 3 young children in the district (I obviously hope to escape before high school) so I know what I am talking about in regards to the budget cuts with the schools. The teachers and parents had to hold secret meetings all over Lemont last year in an attempt to try to get people out to vote "yes" for a ($25 per month per capita) tax increase for school district 113a. The people of Lemont voted this down. (They voted down a vote to maintain education standards in their own community.) The vote would not only have maintained education standards but preserved real estate values since education plays a major role in real estate. Yet several years ago, the good citizens of Lemont, IL voted yes to a 3 million dollar sports and aquatic center.

"Anytime you have kids with money, there's bound to be some type of drug culture"- too funny that you had to get that in there. You could not go without mentioning money. But I do not blame you for becoming a Lemonster. Confidence is a rare thing in this village, you obviously do not have any. You are trying to be Naperville snooty. But you couldn't afford to live in Naperville and be at the top of the heap. So you had to settle for Lemont.

And to Lookout Kid - none of them. If you want to get away from it all, you have to move out of what was (until very recently), Blagojevich country. Try northern Wisconsin.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:52 PM

Lemonster,

In case you haven't noticed, we are in the middle of an historic recession. Cuts in education are not only happening across the entire Chicagoland area, but across the nation. Tax increases are usually not very well received in such times. It's common sense. But don't let that stop your incoherent rambling.

You seem like a very unhappy person with an anti-Lemont agenda. And I find it funny that you don't see the irony in calling me insecure considering the content of your diatribes.

I sincerely hope you can somehow find a life raft to carry you away from the dreadful confines of Lemont. Maybe you'll be a happier person for it (but I doubt it).

Old 07-19-2010, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 11,000 times
Oh dacas, get a life already. Oh no, I didn't notice that we're in a recession thank you for pointing that one out to me, almighty one. I'm guessing you don't live in Equestrian or Ruffled Feathers but perhaps a more "wanna be" sub-division such as Covington or McCarthy Pointe. I see that you have enough of an education to spell but probably resorted to the likes of Thesaurus.com in order to include at least one three point word. (Must I keep reminding you that your insecurities are showing?)

Lookout Kid, you don't want to live next to people like dacas1 who absolutely must use the word money somewhere in a post. (i.e. "Anytime you have kids with money...".) Insecurity makes people want to hint at their almighty status - wink wink.

Wisconsin is lovely as are the people that reside there. Their government is much more efficient. They have a very low welfare rate and strong base of natural resources such as rivers, lakes, mines, and agriculture. Their economy is driven by manufacturing, agriculture, and health care. Although manufacturing accounts for a far greater part of the state's income than farming, Wisconsin is often perceived as a farming state. I am partial to Iron County in the upper peninsula. I encourage you to vacation there and see for yourself what life away from the big city and snobby suburbs can be like.

-Peace

Last edited by Lemonster; 07-19-2010 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: boo hoo

Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 AM

If it makes you more comfortable to base your arguments on insults instead of logic, then go with it. I see you refuted nothing I posted with facts or common sense, just insults. Pathetic, really.

You chose not to address the recession comment, for obvious reasons. I'm right. Instead, (lol) you went on a tangent about subdivision rankings and how I probably used a thesaurus. Well done.

Lemont has a higher median income than Arlington Heights and Downers Grove and is only $1,000 less than Glen Ellyn. Fact is, there is money in Lemont (whether you choose to admit or not). But, your own pathetic insecurities took over, you hastily went to the insult, and missed the point entirely about kids with money and drug use.

Oh, and no thesauraus needed. Just because you needed to look up a word's meaning doesn't mean I did. You may also want to look up "irony" in the dictionary, since you have it out. Generally speaking, people who are threatened by big words, people with a few bucks, and looks at the grocery store are not the most secure individuals.

-Peace

Last edited by dacas1; 07-21-2010 at 09:28 AM..

Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,522 times
Default Lemont Schools??

Love the location and the ability to get a "newer" house that is not mansion-sized. Only concern is the schools? Some of the middle schools are not rated that well... anyone know why? i swear they were rated better years ago. My husband heard something about test scores being forged...corrupt school board?? anyone know anything about this?? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs