Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 08:07 PM

21 posts, read 64,790 times

Advertisements

I have finally gotten the job and my wife, daughter, and i are moving to Naperville.

We have gotten an apt. about 1.5 blocks from the downtown Metra station, 1.5 blocks from the Dupage childrens museum and 4 or 5 blocks from the riverwalk. Its small, 2 bed 1 bath 900 sq ft. but nice. Its got free heat and hardwood floors, washer/dryer and a covered parking spot.

I want to thank everyone on here for helping point us in the right direction.

Now, if anyone can help us find daycare, that would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Congrats! There are many daycares in the area (Kindercare, Chesterbrook, etc), but the one that sticks out is Creme de la Creme, which is about a 5 minute drive from you near Mill St. and Diehl Road in Warrenville.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Welcome to Naperville! We moved here last summer, so we're new here too. We love it here. Every season is so beautiful. This is our first spring, and wow!

There are a lot of natives and long-timers on this board who will be able to give you lots of good advice. If you are interested in daycares, I'd avoid the Kindercare near Diehl and Mill. Our kids were there for a couple of weeks when we first moved here, but it wasn't a good fit. They go to a different location now, and it's much, much better.

Again, welcome to Naperville! It's a great place to have a family.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 AM

610 posts, read 2,728,354 times
Creme de la Creme has a good reputation but it is on the pricey side. They offer lots of extras such as foreign language classes, gynmastics classes and music classes. They are located in the Cantera area on Diehl Road between Winfield Rd. and Mill St.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chummy Waters View Post
Awwww, another wonderful move to the utopia that is Naperville. *gag*
To many people, Naperville is perfect. We're all sooooo sorry you dont like it, and we're all sooooo impressed with your gag reflexes.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:43 PM

21 posts, read 64,790 times
Sorry, you don't like Naperville.. but that is what my wife and I want. She doesn't want a car and that will almost allow her to accomplish this.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:10 PM

67 posts, read 324,708 times
Why don't you need a car in Naperville?Are all of your grocery,post office,and such things really close together?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,608 times
barrypii,

Welcome to Naperville. Please check your direct msg for info on day cares in Naperville.

TMAY

Old 03-12-2018, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,428 times
Hello everyone,
We are thinking of moving to Naperville. Our house is not able to accommodate our teenagers activities anymore. So my husband working i Lagrange, and I am working in Parkridge, my daughter is Harper college and my son is in Elgin college. Can anyone give me idea of where I should look for to buy. We love library, YMCA, park district, . Thank you for your input.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:44 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,247,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halley 307 View Post
Hello everyone,
We are thinking of moving to Naperville. Our house is not able to accommodate our teenagers activities anymore. So my husband working i Lagrange, and I am working in Parkridge, my daughter is Harper college and my son is in Elgin college. Can anyone give me idea of where I should look for to buy. We love library, YMCA, park district, . Thank you for your input.
You may be better starting your own dedicated thread.

That said, it's hard for anyone to help beyond very rough suggestions if you don't include the rough budget and type of home you are looking for (e.g. 3BR/2Ba, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs