Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 6,507 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of or used STML Realty Group for property management in IL? The address on their website shows Glen Ellyn for their address.

If you have heard of it or used it, can you please let me know?

I am just looking for a good, quality property management company. If you know of one that is good, please let me know too!

Old 02-21-2009, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,406 times
Thumbs up Highly recommended

STML has managed a property for me for years and I have never had a single problem with service. I used 4 managers in 3 years before finding them and it was a disaster. These guys know what they are doing and all they do is property mgmt. They have hundreds of properties. STML is totally automated which is pretty nice. I log in to see my money any time I want and they direct deposit my profits every month. Also check out the rental advertising sites. They advertise EVERYWHERE. STML is the company to use in the suburbs. I don't think they do too much in the city so I'm sure there are better options in Chicago but there is no better company in the burbs. I hope this helps.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,963 times
this company is no good we have been using them and want to get out of this contact as soon as possible...... do not use them

Old 10-07-2009, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 6,507 times
speedy1816 - Can you please explain why the company is no good? What has your experience with them been like? Thanks!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc25 View Post
Has anyone heard of or used STML Realty Group for property management in IL? The address on their website shows Glen Ellyn for their address.

If you have heard of it or used it, can you please let me know?

I am just looking for a good, quality property management company. If you know of one that is good, please let me know too!
STML Realty group is a legal scam artist. We have lost $6,000 with a home we never stayed in. We never even moved in, and they would not give us our money back. They never attempted to give us a walk through, they gave us false information of the house, and a false report about the house passing the safety codes. I RECOMMEND TO NEVER GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY! Run and never look back. Honestly, we are still dealing with this problem, and they just seem to never go away. No joke, worst life experience ever!

Old 10-22-2009, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,406 times
I'm not sure but it sounds like Ariolis is a disgruntled tenant, not a property owner. This sounds like a bad experience but the management company has no say regarding if you get your deposit or rent back, especially if you put a deposit down and/or signed a lease. I tell my property managers what they can do with the money collected for my propety. They can't make that decision. Either way it sounds like a tough deal for everyone but your problem should be with the property owner, not the management company. You should try to contact the owner directly and see if they are willing to give you at least a partial refund. This has happened to me several times and I usually work out some type of small refund to appease the tenant. I still use STML for 1 property I own and I just started using Real Property Management for a 2nd property where STML does not service (far south suburbs). It's like night and day. The staff at Real Property Management seems to try hard but they are totally clueless. It's like this is their first day in the business. They can't lease and manage even worse. The guys at STML really know their stuff but you have to be used to dealing with blunt, straight talking business people. If you need to be coddled and need your hand held on every little item they may rub you the wrong way because that is not their strong suit.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,504 times
They are okay. I have used them for less than one year for one rental house. They are somewhat disorganized in that they lost tax forms with my SSN on them twice and cannot account for where my SSN went. Not very reassuring after I was a victim of identity theft. They also lost several forms that I used for tenants and I has to re-send all the forms when I had new tenants. Thay are pretty good at responding to questions/issuesfrom me, but from my tenant's perspective they are not very responsive. That concerns me in that how well will tenants look after my property if they are not getting good customer service form the management company.
Also you have to watch their bookkeeping. I was charged for insurance that was supposed to be billed to another property with the same numerics. They did correct it right away but you have to watch them. I hired them for the convenience but on many ways they create more work for me, so I am not sure if I will continue my contract with them next year. They are convenient for finding/screening tenants if you do nothave the time; however they tend to push toward tenant I had question about. My gut tells me they are more concerned with filling the vacant then finding a quality tenant, because they make money either way. If the tenant doesn't work out and you have to take eviction measures, you pay for it and they make money. Tey will also try to sell you "eviction insurance", which gives you a "deal" at a lower rate should you have to go that route. This tells me that they don't really care about who they place in your property because either way they are making money.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,274 times
We used STML and switched to Real Property Management. We had nothing but problems with STML. Real Property Mgt is very professional and has their act together. We bought two more foreclosures and RPM helped us through the whole process.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,746 times
Thumbs up High recommend!

STML is greatl! My experiences with other property management companies have been less than great. STML currently manages several properties for me and has done a great job. They find quality tenants, perform regular inspections, and I always receive my rent checks on time. When maintenance issues arise they let met know, the issues are taken care of, and costs are kept to a minimum. I completely recommend this company.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
Thumbs up Strong management skills

I have been working with STML for almost 5 years now. We had used only 2 other management companies over the previous 10 years but we wanted to improve our properties and increase profits. I had never heard of STML but we took a chance as they seemed to be pretty aggressive and organized. Within 18 months the properties were completely turned around and full occupied. Our owner payouts are as strong as they have ever been and our operating expenses are at an all-time low. We trust the management of 2 very large multi-unit properties to STML and would recommend them to anyone looking for a property management company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs