Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:42 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,919,028 times

Advertisements

I'm going to say this once again, as I will continue to say: Country Club Hills is beautiful. I left SW Chicago to come here. I like the proximity to nature, but also the easy drive to the city.

Country Club Hills is not overpopulated, it isn't congested, and it has decent schools. I am going to school right now to be a elementary school teacher, so you know that the quality of schools is VERY important to me.

What CCH could use is some diversity. I think Country Club Hills is safe, quiet, and close to nature. We have forest preserves that have nice bicycling and walking paths. They are safe enough to walk on at any time of day. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU!

Use common sense. Nothing will survive if no one thinks positively about it. Everyone downs the south suburbs instead of trying to come together with solutions. I don't think CCH is in need of really heavy "repair," but more in need of caring, LIBERAL people to live here. Country Club Hills is where people should come to raise families. Lots of cul de sac streets and good parking on the street, nice sized lots should all be attractive. Here I am close to Flossmoor and Homewood for good grocery and eating. Downtown Homewood is my favorite area.

Yes, I am an educated Black woman. Yes, I am single with no kids. Do I have loud, obnoxious friends who come to visit me? No. Because I tell them that this is where I live, I don't want to disturb my neighbors and I like the quiet! That's why I moved here!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 01:57 PM

Smile Hmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
There is just something about Country Club that don't give me a vibe of Englewood. Maybe because I seen and live in a more worse suburb than CCH. Country Club Hills just look a little too suburban to be taken as a hood. I don't see too much litter on the grass, hardly any graffitti, and the median income have englewood beat. The suburb don't have that gritty look that give people its a scary place. These 5 murders of CCH is probably a fluke, and this is the highest it going to get; maybe one more. Markham had its year of homocides and crime for a year or two, and the crime rate decreased fast since then.

I must agree. Country Club Hills is a great place to live, work and raise a family. I rarely need to leave Country Club for the bare necessities.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:26 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post

I must agree. Country Club Hills is a great place to live, work and raise a family. I rarely need to leave Country Club for the bare necessities.

I like some of the housing stock and there are beautiful homes in CCH. I don't think CCH is crime ridden and is a solid middle class black suburb, median income is $66,000 for the town. CCH have a large theater and I believe the largest Walmart in Chicagoland. I agree with you that CCH can use some diversity too. It lost a lot of that during white flight. Anyway glad to see another South Suburbanite on the board.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 PM

17,374 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
I'm going to say this once again, as I will continue to say: Country Club Hills is beautiful. I left SW Chicago to come here. I like the proximity to nature, but also the easy drive to the city.

Country Club Hills is not overpopulated, it isn't congested, and it has decent schools. I am going to school right now to be a elementary school teacher, so you know that the quality of schools is VERY important to me.

What CCH could use is some diversity. I think Country Club Hills is safe, quiet, and close to nature. We have forest preserves that have nice bicycling and walking paths. They are safe enough to walk on at any time of day. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU!

Use common sense. Nothing will survive if no one thinks positively about it. Everyone downs the south suburbs instead of trying to come together with solutions. I don't think CCH is in need of really heavy "repair," but more in need of caring, LIBERAL people to live here. Country Club Hills is where people should come to raise families. Lots of cul de sac streets and good parking on the street, nice sized lots should all be attractive. Here I am close to Flossmoor and Homewood for good grocery and eating. Downtown Homewood is my favorite area.

Yes, I am an educated Black woman. Yes, I am single with no kids. Do I have loud, obnoxious friends who come to visit me? No. Because I tell them that this is where I live, I don't want to disturb my neighbors and I like the quiet! That's why I moved here!!!
Wait a second.

You want diversity and yet you only want liberal people to move in? So conservatives aren't welcome?

Hmmm ...

Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 PM

Thumbs up I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I like some of the housing stock and there are beautiful homes in CCH. I don't think CCH is crime ridden and is a solid middle class black suburb, median income is $66,000 for the town. CCH have a large theater and I believe the largest Walmart in Chicagoland. I agree with you that CCH can use some diversity too. It lost a lot of that during white flight. Anyway glad to see another South Suburbanite on the board.
Yes, I agree with ya. I'm glad to meet another south suburbanite too!

Love living here. I wish the best for S and SW Chicagoland. I am NOT giving my house up for some statistics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Wait a second.

You want diversity and yet you only want liberal people to move in? So conservatives aren't welcome?

Hmmm ...
I see my mistake now. I definitely didn't mean that. Sorry
I just want to see and meet different people. The city would benefit tenfold.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 PM

Lightbulb Thinking along these lines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
i've tried to tell certain folk on this site before that country club hills is bad news and has changed. all the south burbs, in cook county, are pretty much horrible. the only borderline one left is Matteson, and yes that town is currently changing as we speak because the people who flee places like Dolton, The Heights, etc. move to Matteson. So, it might be OK now but will soon be bad just like country club hills. these aren't the first murders in country club hills. i remember the story of a young black teen coming home to his house at about 4am. he was shot on his porch, by some thugs doing a drive by, only to end up dying in his front enterance in his Father's arms. Screw that town and nearly all cook county southern burbs.

thus, why there is so much negativity. Section 8 residents aren't exactly contributors to society. in fact, they are the exact opposite!
There is nothing bad news about Country Club Hills. I bet if you moved in, kept your home's curb appeal up and waved at your neighbors when ya saw 'em, you wouldn't have a problem. I cannot believe that people would rather bash something over the internet rather than driving through and seeing the place yourself. I moved here from Beverly. My car insurance dropped significantly. I just don't understand what people see here...? I love the closeness to both the city and the country!

I have huge glass sliding patio doors that sometimes I forget to lock. I could never do that in Beverly !I wouldn't want to walk around Beverly late at night.

I never really felt welcome, seeing as I am a single, childless, black, educated female. I guess my type wasn't too welcome there. I still felt tension even though people claim Beverly escaped the white flight epidemic, and were so "okay" with living in harmony with minorities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Do you still live in Beverly? I grew up there - loved it!!
Loved Beverly, Mt. Greenwood, and Morgan Park. I had my issues with it, but I still like the area, and hopefully it stays beautiful, rich in culture and classy. Love the schools (although MP High School needs help) and wouldn't mind if my kids went to St. Barnabas.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,074,173 times
That is an interesting perspective. I don't think there is a single Beverly mentality -- all sorts of different people from different places with different attitudes. I do have to admit though that I sense a collective sigh of relief when a white person moves in, and a very slight disappointment when a black person does. It's subtle but after you're here for a while you can sense it. This sounds horrible but it has a lot to do with the history of the south side and peoples' fears that all the whites will flee one day. When whites continually move in it gives that feeling that Beverly has escaped that fate. Again sad, but true.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
That is an interesting perspective. I don't think there is a single Beverly mentality -- all sorts of different people from different places with different attitudes. I do have to admit though that I sense a collective sigh of relief when a white person moves in, and a very slight disappointment when a black person does. It's subtle but after you're here for a while you can sense it. This sounds horrible but it has a lot to do with the history of the south side and peoples' fears that all the whites will flee one day. When whites continually move in it gives that feeling that Beverly has escaped that fate. Again sad, but true.
I understand. I wish there was something that we as people could do so that places like Beverly in Chicago don't lose their heritage (I hope it never loses its identity, too nice for that!), and once great places to live like Country Club Hills get a revival.

Some people get it mistaken. Country Club Hills, Hazel Crest and the like are not meant to be replicas of a major city or a large suburb. They are supposed to be bedroom communities, where people come to LIVE.

I hope that someday in my lifetime this whole segregation and fright scenario will be a thing of the past.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,441 times
Bottomline is CCH is a dump, I went to Tinley Park HS and all the left over trash from that godforsaken city was bused into the HS, and the ones from CCH were the ones to bring in the drugs the violence and the other things that no one wanted. Burn it to the ground, I lived next to CCH for 6 years and I felt ill everytime I would even have to drive through it. Burn down all those south side trash cities, CCH, Harvey, Robins, Chicago Heights, and Ford Height. If you're looking for nice suburbs move to the west or north.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:38 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,439 times
My wifes sister and brother in law live in CCH, so we go there quite often. It is very nice, quiet, and clean. My wife and I plan on moving there sometime in the near future. We have never seen the violence, or dismay we see here in the City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs