Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:28 PM

74 posts, read 168,059 times

Advertisements

The hate crime charges were dropped. You have no idea what you are talking about and that story only tells an entitled foreigner's side of the story. Please stop spreading lies and half-truths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 06:16 PM

2,162 posts, read 5,509,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacas1 View Post
The hate crime charges were dropped. You have no idea what you are talking about and that story only tells an entitled foreigner's side of the story. Please stop spreading lies and half-truths.
First of all, what lies did I say? I simply provided the link to the news article of an event that actually happened.

Second of all, I don't care if the "foreigner" thinks she is entitled or not, you don't dare put your hands on anybody for any reason unless it is a [potential] life or death situation.

Third of all, if you didn't see that I put "" aka SARCASM after my statements, then you truly need to get checked out...do you honestly believe that my thoughts were honestly what was stated? No! That is why I stated truthfully [at the end]:

"In all seriousness though, you will be 100% FINE in Orland."

Last edited by Northwest Indiana; 05-31-2010 at 06:43 PM..

Old 07-01-2012, 05:23 PM

2,162 posts, read 5,509,320 times
Default Cheesecake Factory Coming to Orland Park

So I'm really surprised that this wasn't mentioned on here before. But Cheesecake Factory (as well as Whole Foods and Dave & Busters) is coming to Orland Park.

Cheesecake Factory coming to Orland Park

More convenience for south and southwest suburbanites.

Also, if you look at a map on the cheesecake factory website of all the Chicagoland locations, you can kind of predict that Orland would make sense as another location because each restaurant is almost equidistant to their nearest restaurant!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:34 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,088,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post

Also, if you look at a map on the cheesecake factory website of all the Chicagoland locations, you can kind of predict that Orland would make sense as another location because each restaurant is almost equidistant to their nearest restaurant!
I once asked "When the **** is Ikea coming to Orland Park?". Two people immediately pointed out that there's an Ikea in west suburban Bolingbrook - which isn't all that far from Orland. However, it's quite a journey from other parts of the southland.

Okay, then. Fine. I will change the question, When the ****l is Ikea coming Calumet City?

Last edited by linicx; 07-03-2012 at 12:52 AM..

Old 07-01-2012, 08:25 PM

217 posts, read 582,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
i once asked "when the **** is ikea coming to orland park?". Two people immediately pointed out that there's an ikea in west suburban bolingbrook - which isn't all that far from orland. However, it's quite a journey from other parts of the southland.

Okay, then. Fine. I will change the question, when the ****l is ikea coming calumet city?
never!

Last edited by linicx; 07-03-2012 at 12:53 AM..

Old 07-01-2012, 10:50 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,088,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lud Kissel View Post
never!
Pretty much. So does that mean Ikea is never coming to the southland because Orland Park is too close to Bollingbrook?

Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,542,166 times
Default I suspect the demographic profile that Ikea looks for...

...is not based on just race (which in Ikea's home of Sweden is kind of a non-issue) or income (because they know that really well off folks in say the North Shore or similar areas are not shopping for price sensitive items that Ikea specializes in) but on some factors that is heavily influenced by housing turnover and need for inexpensive furnishings.

The corridor along 355 / IL 53 , from the north end where new housing in Lake Co is still going up to the south end near I-80 where the boom of the late 90's created tremendous growth seems to be exactly what Ikea is attracted to.

I know that Costco has a location in Northwest Indiana, that might be next on Ikea's list. Honestly I think that the Ikea people are still very much wounded from their efforts to get a store in Chicago and I suspect they will avoid other Illinois stores as a result...

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Pretty much. So does that mean Ikea is never coming to the southland because Orland Park is too close to Bollingbrook?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs