Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:09 PM

23 posts, read 62,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
in past even accusing me and anyone else who lived elsewhere of being "envious" of not living in Naperville.
That is a bald face lie.

Go through my posts and point out where I have said that. Here are all my posts.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=7896958

FMV, I still pray for you.

Last edited by SouthNapervilleDad; 09-14-2008 at 09:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 09:37 PM

73 posts, read 163,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthNapervilleDad View Post
That is a bald face lie.

Go through my posts and point out where I have said that. Here are all my posts.

The financial markets are in disarray and many homes in our area have experienced extreme flooding. I think you prayers are better suited for those situations than for some dude who doesn't like Naperville.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:27 PM

I have prayed for them, too.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 AM

945 posts, read 1,991,145 times
Quote:
That is a bald face lie.

How about this: when I post any info about Naperville, you leave it alone and not pick out what I am saying, along with everyone else, and stop responding as if I do have a problem with Naperville, telling others not to listen to what info I give or to take it "with a grain of salt". I've spent lots of time debating this issue with you and you know it. I don't live there, however, have stated we almost did move there (to your part) years ago, and why we were glad we didn't, that we frequent your area with our son's golf tournaments, etc. have praised the downtown and the draw of it, stating we also frequent that for entertainment and love it. It goes on and on and on so please, save your "sarcastic" prayers. Remember, I live in the "bible belt" and have pleanty of that from all walks. And please stop pretending you don't have some sort of "chip on your shoulder" becasue no one continues to pick out my posts and attempt to discredit them like you do. I'm glad you like Naperville. I think, or thought, we decided we're all happy where we are. You seem to get offended any time someone recommends for others to look at different suburbs and the difference between downtown Npaerville vs. the rest of the very spread out areas of Naperville. The comments have been countless, not just by me as to those differences and what they are, admittedly or not. So I thank you for your "prayers" but please, put them to better use. Thank you.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:25 AM

So did I ever post something in the lines

Quote:
in past even accusing me and anyone else who lived elsewhere of being "envious" of not living in Naperville
Quote:
Please, notice how he avoided answering my question.
How about this: when I post any info about Naperville, you leave it alone and not pick out what I am saying, along with everyone else, and stop responding as if I do have a problem with Naperville, telling others not to listen to what info I give or to take it "with a grain of salt".
If you don't want your opinion critiqued, you shouldn't leave it on a internet message board.

Last edited by SouthNapervilleDad; 09-15-2008 at 08:37 AM..

Old 09-15-2008, 08:54 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,296,031 times
OffToUSA,
Naperville is decent. However Chicagoland is blessed with many excellent choices all on Metra lines with neat little downtowns and a little bit of their own "vibe". All along the Metra line going to Naperville are nice towns that will reduce commuting time. Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Lombard and more. Unless you can afford to live within walking distance of the unique? shops of downtown Naperville, why not look at towns east. If you have to drive to downtown Naperville from other parts of town you would live in, why not drive an extra 15-25 minutes to make the occasional shopping/restaurant visit and save the same 15-25 minites, times 2, on your daily commute?? There are also options on the Metra North line, that may provide quicker commute times, like Evanston and Wilmette. These communities have the added benefit of Lake Michigan beach access. Gilson Park in Wilmette is particularly nice.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
So did I ever post something in the lines

If you don't want your opinion critiqued, you shouldn't leave it on a internet message board.
That's fine except you only "critique" my posts about naperville, pointing out whatever "negetive" I said and informing others who are asking about places to live, that I don't know what I'm talking about or am "bashing" Naperville. You are correct, I don't live there but did inform you that we almost moved there several years ago and the reasons we were glad we didn't. I also informed you that we DO frequent "your part" of Naperville for our son's golf and that the traffic is a NIGHTMARE and getting worse every year.

I find it interesting that you were so polite in your response to Steve O, and yet if I would have "dissed" your "claim" of commute time with that type of tone (no way in bloody hell), you would have absolutely picked my post out, once again, in a defensive way to argue. And I also wonder if you are going to tell the OP to take cubssoxfan's post "with a grain of salt", as you are constantly trying to do this to me and my FACTS about Naperville. As I said in past, what exactly is your problem with me and what is different of what I say than anyone else? To me, this SPELLS insecurity about your own opinions and nothing more. As asked once before, back off and "berate someone else" who talks about your wonderful SOUTH NAPERVILLE and the easy commute you claim to have. ANd while you also state that you don't post about any place else because you don't live there, you get immediately defensive and accusetory towards someone who tries to suggest that there are "other places" besides Naperville to live. You seem really set on convincing anyone interested in your City to "not listen" to what others are saying about it, that it's wrong and that you know better because you live there. That's great that it's the "right place for your family" but it is not necessarily the same for others, expecially those asking advise on this forum on advise where pros and cons are concerned. No one has to "live" in Naperville to know that traffic and commute time is a BIG problem that is only getting worse by the year. You are misleading folks and in some sort of state of denial on your traffic claims. The rest is up for personal debate which I don't care to do. I thought we agreed a long time ago that we were boht happy where we are and it was done. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,697,371 times
Answer the OP's questions or you're all getting infracted. Please don't make me go through and delete all the fighting posts. If you just stop now and focus on what's actually important here -- answering the OP's questions -- I think we'll all get along just fine.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:24 PM

Agreed, so as I stated previously, before settling on Naperville, look into the many other choices that are closer to the city and public transportation. You show concern for what your other expenses will be. The further away you are from your job, the more your daily expenses will increase. Hope this was a better way of offering advise. Good luck to you. And welcome.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:06 PM

15 posts, read 43,867 times
I highly recommend Wheaton. It's a lot like Naperville, but it's just smaller and more affordable. The Metra tracks go right through the downtown, which has some good restaurants. I personally favor Wheaton over Naperville, but that's probably just because I have lived in Wheaton for several years. The school system is really good, in case you have any children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs