Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,602,442 times

Advertisements

Try craigslist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,244 times
Thumbs up Route 59 Metra Parking Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmgonzalez View Post
Hi - I am looking to purchase a Route 59 parking permit for the Aurora/south side of the tracks.

I also have one on the Naperville/North side of the tracks if you want to switch.

Thanks!!
I sent you a DM about this.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:36 PM

4 posts, read 6,264 times
Default RT. 59 parking

I have a parking permit I rarely use on the RT. 59 aurora side. I would rent it out quarterly for $100 a month. Let me know if anyone interested...

Old 10-17-2010, 04:54 PM

3 posts, read 10,439 times
Default Route 59 Metra parking space

Yes I am really interested, please let me know if you still have it and give me your phone number and send email to ziashuja@yahoo.com

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrns01234 View Post
I have a parking permit I rarely use on the RT. 59 aurora side. I would rent it out quarterly for $100 a month. Let me know if anyone interested...

Old 10-25-2010, 11:42 PM

3 posts, read 7,770 times
Do you still have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmgonzalez View Post
Hi - I am looking to purchase a Route 59 parking permit for the Aurora/south side of the tracks.

I also have one on the Naperville/North side of the tracks if you want to switch.

Thanks!!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:31 AM

3 posts, read 7,770 times
Do you still have the parking permit for rt 59 station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohican21 View Post
I sent you a DM about this.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,753 times
I am in need of a Rt. 59 south side parking pass if anyone has another they would like to sell or lease. Have been on the list for years and don't seem to be getting anywhere. Thanks!!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:40 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,433,622 times
If demand for parking permits is really this high, why doesn't Naperville do one of the following in order to boost revenue/reduce demand?

1. Raise the rate for the permit significantly - if there is so much demand then they ought to be able to double/triple/quadruple the cost of a permit, and still fill the lot

2. Build a larger parking area. Build up, not out. Add levels and create a parking garage instead of a lot. In an area that gets so much precipitation as Chicagoland I am often surprised why we don't have more garages instead of lots. Who wants to ride a train for an hour, only to be confronted with having to scrape snow/ice off your car.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:03 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,899,548 times
If RT 59 Parking spaces are so hot under the worst economic conditions in a lifetime can you imagine what it will be like when the economy is healthy? Metra's board is acting to alleviate the high ridership with a big fare increase!

Old 11-30-2011, 10:25 AM

376 posts, read 488,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
If demand for parking permits is really this high, why doesn't Naperville do one of the following in order to boost revenue/reduce demand?

1. Raise the rate for the permit significantly - if there is so much demand then they ought to be able to double/triple/quadruple the cost of a permit, and still fill the lot

2. Build a larger parking area. Build up, not out. Add levels and create a parking garage instead of a lot. In an area that gets so much precipitation as Chicagoland I am often surprised why we don't have more garages instead of lots. Who wants to ride a train for an hour, only to be confronted with having to scrape snow/ice off your car.

or:

3. Do away with permit parking entirely and go 100% daily fee. The number of empty spaces in the permit lots every morning @ the 5th Ave station is maddening. They have already hiked the price once recently. I think that a 100% daily fee parking setup would probably take care of most of the current overflow. Though I would certainly be ok with option #2. It seems that the city leadership is still focussed on ride sharing, public transportation, etc: IE bureuacratic wishful thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs