Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 12:34 PM

38 posts, read 73,945 times

Advertisements

Hi!
Always appreciate your honest input/feedback on this forum...

I am looking to relocate to IL in the next two months or so...(job will have to come once I move...but that is another topic for another time...

With very very tight budget(and crazy housing market), I am having a bit of hard time looking for a suitable place to rent.

I have lived in La Grange/Hinsdale for a couple of years back in the 90s and visited my friends in Aurora few times since then but my knowledge about the area is limited, to say the least...

I am hoping to find a clean(mold-free, I have asthma...) one bd/rm one bath little place(maybe 800 sqft or so...) with gas stove, and maybe with central A/C, in somewhat of a quiet area for $1500 or less....(less is better but...I don’t know if that is realistic). Since it will only be myself, the school district is not an important factor...just my safety is...

My other criteria is to be somewhere between my friends in Aurora(west side) and Arlington Heights. With possible traffic issues and for my safety concerns, I don’t really know where I should focus my search on...
(I am Asian single mid-age female, if that helps...hence Arlington Heights... Oh and I will have a car as my main transportation so I don’t foresee myself needing to be near train station)

I did consider Naperville(big Asian markets around) but seems a little pricey...and also didn’t know the quality/reputation of various apartment complex...and the area(tons of conflicting reviews...), so if anyone having actual living experience in any of the apartment or story to share, I would be very appreciative.

As always, I am open to your thoughts/suggestions. Thank you for your help in advance!

Last edited by vtmaplelvr; 03-28-2021 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Cannot post whole thing correctly...for some reason...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 10:16 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,696,733 times
There are some affordable places in Downers Grove and Lisle. You would still be close to Naperville. The ones downtown/by the train station are quite expensive, but once you get away from that area, you’ll find less expensive places. That would still provide you with good access to Naperville. Lombard is another place that has a ton of apartments, although some tend to be on the higher end.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:00 PM

38 posts, read 73,945 times
@RamenAddict,
Thank you so much for your reply!!
I was almost ready to give up...

I will certainly try to look up the area you mentioned!

Thanks for taking the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs