Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 07:23 AM

10 posts, read 14,763 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any builders or real estate agents they know of that specialize in the areas of Elmhurst, Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills?

We are considering building as existing homes are flying off the market, sometimes before we can even get in to see them. I have spoke to a few builders but I have heard to be careful as there is a big difference between who does quality work and who cuts corners to get things done fast with disregards to detail. I guess I don't know who is good and who is not and I'm looking for some guidance here.

We also are hoping to find a real estate agent specializing in Elmhurst, Hinsdale, and Clarendon to help us evaluate all options. I looked up agents but there are so many and its hard to know who is a quality agent. I did read the rules about real estate agents in the forum so I hope this post is allowed and not in violation of the rules.

If anyone has any info to help it is greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me or post here, whatever is allowed.
Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 02:43 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,544,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city2suburbs View Post
Does anyone have any builders or real estate agents they know of that specialize in the areas of Elmhurst, Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills?

We are considering building as existing homes are flying off the market, sometimes before we can even get in to see them. I have spoke to a few builders but I have heard to be careful as there is a big difference between who does quality work and who cuts corners to get things done fast with disregards to detail. I guess I don't know who is good and who is not and I'm looking for some guidance here.

We also are hoping to find a real estate agent specializing in Elmhurst, Hinsdale, and Clarendon to help us evaluate all options. I looked up agents but there are so many and its hard to know who is a quality agent. I did read the rules about real estate agents in the forum so I hope this post is allowed and not in violation of the rules.

If anyone has any info to help it is greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me or post here, whatever is allowed.
Thank you in advance.
There are tons of builders and brokers active in those communities. What is your price point?

Old 03-24-2021, 02:24 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,986,416 times
If you want so many opinions that your head will spin join the Elmhurst News and Comment Facebook page. It's pretty busy and you will usually get a lot of responses to your posts. I've seen Messina builders recommended many times there. If you decide you need a landscaper I'm working with Cutter's Landscaping right now. So far, so good. I live in Elmhurst and I am a real estate agent but I don't really do much... I have another business that's my primary focus.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:42 PM

18 posts, read 19,225 times
We're debating on whether to downsize or not - we're in Hinsdale. Our house is in an excellent location and we built it 12 years ago. Don't know what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there! PM me if interested.

Old 03-24-2021, 05:47 PM

748 posts, read 832,323 times
Just drive around the neighborhoods and see who the builders are building the new homes. That should be a good place to start.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM

Thank you everyone, this is very helpful, I appreciate all of the feedback. I will join the Elmhurst news page. HelenJim2 I send you a PM.

And if anyone knows anyone selling in the downtown area of Elmhurst or Hinsdale send them my way

Old 03-26-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Thank you everyone, this is very helpful, I appreciate all of the feedback. I will join the Elmhurst news page. HelenJim2 I send you a PM.

And if anyone knows anyone selling in the downtown area of Elmhurst or Hinsdale send them my way
There have been posts in the Elmhurst News and Comment from people looking to sell their house without an agent. Given how hot the market is, it seems totally doable right now. Just get a good attorney and home inspector and you would be good to go.

Old 03-26-2021, 02:33 PM

Thank you. I joined the FB group you mentioned but I did not see those posts. I will do another search, thank you for mentioning this.

We are pretty specific that we would like to stay within 1/2 mile of the train though, which is not easy to find right now. We are hoping to stay below 1.2 or 1.3, within that range. We are hopeful something will come up with time.
Thank you again for your help.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:12 AM

748 posts, read 832,323 times
Quote:
Thank you. I joined the FB group you mentioned but I did not see those posts. I will do another search, thank you for mentioning this.

We are pretty specific that we would like to stay within 1/2 mile of the train though, which is not easy to find right now. We are hoping to stay below 1.2 or 1.3, within that range. We are hopeful something will come up with time.
Don't doubt that something will come up. But in these micro-locations, it is HOT right now. Homes that were just selling a few months ago and went off the market without a sale are coming back on the market and going within days. AND -- they are being listed 10% higher. It's certainly competitive right now. I just saw a house that would have been in the mid- to high-600s a year ago listed at $750 and with a bidding war.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:49 PM

Quote:

FWIW, I live 0.6 miles from the train. We are just north of North Ave in the Berens Park neighborhood. I initially ruled out anything north of North Ave but I'm glad we didn't. Crossing isn't usually hard at all and you can always cross at York is traffic didn't open up before you get there. My husband and I both took the train to commute and he eventually will again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs