Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2006, 11:48 AM

4 posts, read 51,366 times

Advertisements

My family and I are considering moving to Crest Hill, IL from Skokie, IL. We want to settle down and buy a house. I was told that Crest Hill is affordable and a nice place to live. Can someone who lives in Crest Hill, (or know about the Crest Hill community), give me some information so I can decide whether or not it is a place I want my family and I to live? How are the schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2006, 11:17 AM

12 posts, read 120,080 times
I live in Crest Hill, South richland subdivision. I have Lockport taxes,and Plainfield schools. The neighborhood is great, lots of kids and great people. We just got rid of our latest gang problem and are in the process of making sure we don't get anymore. The Plainfield schools in my opinion are some of the best around. We have several parks in our neighborhood and a beautiful bike path and nature walk. If you would like more information you can e-mail me at jdonnell@jjc.edu

Old 06-24-2006, 06:04 AM

43 posts, read 293,579 times
It's been 30 yrs. since I left Illinois (Chicago, Bolingbrook etc) and I would think unless things have changed radically that it will be quite a step down to go from Skokie to Crest Hill. Naperville was (not sure about now) a very nice suburb and I would look to that area. Not sure how Lisle and those surrounding areas have fared over the years.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 AM

4 posts, read 21,683 times
Don't even think about Crest Hill - it is the same as Joliet. Look at that string of replies on Joliet.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:55 PM

24 posts, read 141,818 times
I grew up in Crest Hill - just a few blocks from Chaney Monge school and my parents are still there. It's a nice, safe, affordable neighborhood....mostly smaller brick ranch style homes that are well kept. The school, park, and community pool are in the neighborhood. It's a convenient location to highways and it's close to shopping. The grade school is ok and the high school (Lockport Township) is excellent.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:17 PM

341 posts, read 413,620 times
Crest Hill, IL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs