Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 AM

3 posts, read 7,458 times

Advertisements

My company will be transferring me from Florida to our office in Orland Park at the beginning of May. I was wondering what the nicest places to live are around here...I am 26 yrs old and would definitely want to find a roommate to keep my costs down, but from the sounds of it seems like Orland Park is more of a place where families come to settle, and not necessarily a place to find a young professional or college student looking for a room. Are there any commuter colleges in the area? Should I maybe be looking in another 'burb and commuting to OP if I want to have an easier job of finding a roommate around my age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 10:36 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,613,768 times
Here's one in Orland: Your own room/bath (broken link)

But you're right as a general rule that might be hard to come by.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:48 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,120 times
Thumbs up Suggestion

First off Orland Park is about as nice as the burbs come when dealing with the south side. It is a very vibrant, bustling, busy, sometimes noisey community with an unbelievable amount of shopping, restaurants, parks, trails (walking/biking), state of the art public facilities, and other recreation. That said however, it does bring in a TON of people on a daily basis from all over. Traffic in the area can prove to be a bit of a challenge to put up with on a daily basis, but talk to locals, study maps of the town, and you will learn all the little short cuts to avoid streets like La Grange Road. UGGHHH!

Anyways, there are people in Orland of all ages, so you should be able to find someone to split a place with as the town now is boasting over 55,000 residents. There are apartments in the town that you will find for about $600 a mo. for a one bed., and $800 a mo for a 2, so that is an option for you if you can come up with the $600 + utils.

Neighboring Tinley Park is also an option, also proving to be nearly just as good of a community to live in as Orland Park, yet has housing for a fraction of the cost of Orland. Oak Forest is another town to consider for living. There is a large area of apartments in OF just north of 159th Street at the intersection of Arroyo Drive. The buildings are about 30 years old, yet are pretty well taken care of. Usually in the Orland/Tinley area, utils are included in the rent except phone, cable, and ComEd.

Here is a link I think will help you in your efforts. :: Classifieds ::
Hope all this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs