Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 10:30 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,067,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I don't know of any strip clubs in Stone Park, although I vaguely remember driving past Scores, while heading to the destination I was really after: the Energy Thursdays Nightclub. Like its name says, their main night (maybe their only night) was on Thursdays. It kinds of put Stone Park on the map, although sometimes, its better-known neighbor Melrose Park tried to claim the club for itself.

While inner-ring suburbs rarely have unincorporated areas, Energy Thursdays might have been in one. That's why it could get away with letting 17-year-olds in. It may have had a postal address in one suburb, while being hooked up to another suburb's utilities. The same is true today with Uncle Paulie's Bar, an divey strip joint inside an old-as-dirt building, in Glen Ellyn/Glendale Heights.
Back in the Olden Days (1980's and before), I'm pretty sure Stone Park had the same reputation Lyons did. Lots of small bars, strip joints, and places you could receive services that involved invoking a deity just before conclusion of said service. Not a destination you would share with family members. Michael's Magic Touch in Lyons was a favorite stop of a few of my ne'er-do-well friends of that era. I was getting mine for free at the time (as if there is such a thing), and always declined their invitation to partake. Cicero was also another location for harmless fun, LOL. One buddy reportedly had the service providers hold onto his ears during the service, presumably so his wallet would not get picked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs