Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:18 AM

720 posts, read 1,083,671 times

Advertisements

The Oswego part is also going the way of the rest of Aurora a lot more quickly than the Batavia/Metea/Waubonsie parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 09:59 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,936,800 times
I don't know why anyone would pick to live in Aurora and work at midway airport. There are many many nicer places to live points east of Aurora but its your life so if you like it so be it.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:23 PM

7 posts, read 12,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
I don't know why anyone would pick to live in Aurora and work at midway airport. There are many many nicer places to live points east of Aurora but its your life so if you like it so be it.
The drive is a non issue as I'm currently driving 1.5 hours some days. I work 4 on 3 off which is another plus when it comes to driving. My main concern was area. Specifically the area on and along the border of Naperville, east of Eola rd and south of 34. I was curious if it's a nice and safe area. From looking up the schools, Oswego east seems to be a really good school as do the grade and junior highschools. Taxes are also a non issue as the houses we've been looking at are within our budget. Driving around the area on and around Eola it seems super nice with lots of really nice neighborhoods that were nicely kept. Looked like plenty of amenities as far a restraunts and stores go. Downtown Naperville is really close by. Our budget (around 250k) prevents us from moving to area like Naperville, lisle, warrenville, etc. So that's why I came here for info from people who have knowledge of this specific area. Again, thanks for all the responses.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:03 AM

If you want to live in that area and don't want to look in the northern part that feeds into Metea and Batavia, have you looked at all in the D204 area that feeds into Waubonsie? Oswego is alright, but like I said, the not-so-nice Aurora is bleeding into it fast.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:12 AM

39 posts, read 54,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverines0607 View Post
The drive is a non issue as I'm currently driving 1.5 hours some days. I work 4 on 3 off which is another plus when it comes to driving. My main concern was area. Specifically the area on and along the border of Naperville, east of Eola rd and south of 34. I was curious if it's a nice and safe area. From looking up the schools, Oswego east seems to be a really good school as do the grade and junior highschools. Taxes are also a non issue as the houses we've been looking at are within our budget. Driving around the area on and around Eola it seems super nice with lots of really nice neighborhoods that were nicely kept. Looked like plenty of amenities as far a restraunts and stores go. Downtown Naperville is really close by. Our budget (around 250k) prevents us from moving to area like Naperville, lisle, warrenville, etc. So that's why I came here for info from people who have knowledge of this specific area. Again, thanks for all the responses.
You can get a decent townhome for 250k in warrenville. But in all honestly you should be looking at something like Darien or maybe orland park region.

Who in their right mind would want to drive 90min one way. That;s like working for 3 hours a day more for free.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:58 AM

97 posts, read 144,082 times
Are you looking at Amber Fields? I lived there for about a year and the guy who sits next to me at work lives there currently. As others mention, there are much easier commutes out there and the community is ok but nothing special. Is there a reason you aren't considering other locations?

Old 08-27-2015, 03:24 PM

7 posts, read 12,052 times
No we are not currently looking at amber fields. We're looking on the other side of Eola. Commute is a non issue. We are currently looking this way because it has everything we were looking for. Newer built home with minimum 3 bedrooms with a basement or 4 bedrooms withou a basement, 2.5 bathrooms, nice backyard with good schools and lots of local amenities. And from what we found in our budget of roughly 250k, this matched to almost perfectly

Old 08-27-2015, 07:42 PM

You can get better schools for a similar price in other areas of Aurora.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:23 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,082,892 times
I agree with above posters that you should look at Darien too. Orland Park is also a good suggestion too. Another suggestion I'm going to add is Tinley Park. Tinley is more afforable than Orland (not drastically), but both have good schools and mostly newer homes. All 3 towns are more affordable than the parts of Aurora in good school districts. Woodridge and Lisle, which are near Darien are worth considering too.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:11 AM

19 posts, read 20,489 times
Hello,

I think the area you've chosen is one of the best, even better than some of the district 204 Waubonsie areas. I am currently looking in that area myself. I believe it's called the Wheatlands. The property taxes are killer about $4800-$5550 although 60502 and 60504 Aurora, with district 204 schools (Naperville) have cheaper taxes there are a few areas that experience an urban element. If not careful this lovely little location will change from nice suburban areas to an urban paradise.

I originally planned to purchase in 60504 behind Fox Valley Mall which remains a nice starter home neighborhood but if the investors continue to rent to section 8 individuals the neighborhood will become a lower income area in a year or two. Just last week, visiting the local park, a young man asked me if I wanted to purchase "some weed". I"ve changed my personal plans around just to take my daughter to work at a local retail store. Glad I did. There was a man walking through the parking lot with no shirt on, shorts sagged with dirty underwear visible. Last case in point...a month ago a group of teenagers pulled into the parking areas near my home around 11p.m. I had to go outside and ask them to turn down their music and voices. Thankfully, they left the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs