Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:06 AM

62 posts, read 121,890 times

Advertisements

Do you feel it is fair that seniors or people with disabilities who are eligible for medical appointment discount rides on the Pace bus, should be denied services by Dupage County Human Services "Ride Dupage" or "Parantransit" because they have paid into Medicare and if you check the services All Seniors and those with disabilities should pay $1.50 to medical trips to and from. But those whose minds again are not focused on the welfare of the disabled men, women, children or seniors, have stipulated, on their own that even though they worked and paid into Medicare, We will not allow you to get the discount, because you now have Medicaid included and your trips can be free which is a lie, because everyone knows how corrupt the state is at this time, they hire regular people no background checks etc. whom have abused children or women, etc. it has been reported and that the state does nothing about it, But also many of these "STATE DRIVERS" do not serve many areas, which leaves Our Seniors, disabled stuck not being able to go to medical appointments. But regular people with no disabilities or seniors can now call in, if they reside in Wheaton or Winfield Il. and a few other elite locations and call in advance to go anywhere they choose for $1.75 there and $1.75 on return, Is it just me or do you see the Republicans in Dupage County again being double standard and overlooking the needy and again assisting the Greedy, or those with addictions who made a choice to use drugs, whereas these are also human beings, that have no choice and they are not asking for anything free just to be able to get to very serious medical appointments, But, those addicted to heroin also can pay $1.50 to Methadone clinics in Dupage County or for Free, assisted by Dupage County Human services, But receive Medicaid also, do you see any fairness in this and feel as I do that Justice needs to be made, because this is wrong and the Federal Government is funding Dupage County Human services to adhere to their guidelines and those funds are being abused by the System of Dupage County Human Services, neglecting kids with disabilities besides adults and seniors. These people are not requesting free services they are requesting fairness and be able to get to those necessary Medical appointments! Please Review www.Dupagecountyridedupage.com criteria and feel the anger and disappointment of Double Standards I carry also and those with no true concerns about someone that could be your child with Autism or severe disabilities or family members with mental and physical disabilities besides your mom, dad or grandparent!!

Last edited by Disgusted_53; 05-19-2014 at 09:22 AM..

Old 05-19-2014, 08:19 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,439,138 times
What? Tired of ranting about the "ghetto"?

Tell me more about this $1.50 ride service. Do they have to pee in a cup to prove they have methadone in their system or is just signing up a way to get such cheap rides? Sounds like it could a great way to get commuters from the Metra stops to employment locations along the the tollway corridors, great for reverse commuters from the city!

Old 05-19-2014, 02:10 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,950,051 times
I think that given the financial problems and political corruption this state is facing, this isn't high on my list of things to lose sleep over.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I think that given the financial problems and political corruption this state is facing, this isn't high on my list of things to lose sleep over.
We understand your views considering it could be your child or family member, mom, or grand parent, or possibly you one day! Remember what comes around goes around...defined as Karma

Old 05-19-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
What? Tired of ranting about the "ghetto"?

Tell me more about this $1.50 ride service. Do they have to pee in a cup to prove they have methadone in their system or is just signing up a way to get such cheap rides? Sounds like it could a great way to get commuters from the Metra stops to employment locations along the the tollway corridors, great for reverse commuters from the city!
Wow... You sound, like from all your previous post you are employed somehow with the Government, in Dupage County.....chet Everett....Mums the word!

Old 05-19-2014, 05:31 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,439,138 times
Yep, working to silence the voices of those who speak truth to power, you got me!

Old 05-19-2014, 05:44 PM

[quote=chet everett;34871005]Yep, working to silence the voices of those who speak truth to power, you got me![/quote Righto Good chap! LOL!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgusted_53 View Post
We understand your views considering it could be your child or family member, mom, or grand parent, or possibly you one day! Remember what comes around goes around...defined as Karma
My Karma ran over your Dogma.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
My Karma ran over your Dogma.
Gee Thanks dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by Authority as incontrovertibly true! Yes the forum I presented was in fact a belief that based upon the principalities I presented are undeniably true, as far as Governments needing to abide by regulations given to them, But doing things in a in-humane and substandard way, which shall be in the Spotlight as of now! I wish nothing adverse to happen to you as I wish others would show humane attitudes towards those in society that are helpless, I mean all of us are dealing with issues but until Americans unite as one and stand up for the obvious principalities that are positive and constructive even for those that cannot fight for themselves. We shall remain stagnant ceasing Improvements for those We have elected in the past and those who need to be removed as of now. I am in no way attempting to be negative but expose those that could care less about the needs of others, having this narcissistic attitude is not going to solve anything but working together can! So if you were offended do not be I was not,but wanted to show how one negative attitude can and has caused even in todays society unkindness to be redirected towards another! So yes we have many issues and corruption within the State of Illinois and if my forum is not in your opinion a high priority, then You could start your own forum based upon those priorities, that are of concern to you and perhaps others, But there was no need to bring that negativism on a forum I created to make others aware, who have concerns as I do for those who are being abused by a system that looks at disabled and seniors as obsolete in society and treats them as such!!

Old 05-20-2014, 06:49 AM

I see nothing in your posts that's actionable ... At least in what I understand of them. What exactly are you suggesting the rest of us do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs