Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 04:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,969 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

How is the commute from Lombard to Elk Grove? or from Schaumberg to Elk grove?

I've spent hours searching for the public transit on the web but it was just the chigao public transit and it shows too many transfers...

I would appreciate your replies.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 06:45 PM

677 posts, read 4,212,167 times
Firstly, you're not going to find much public transportation taking you from suburb to suburb, because unfortunately our system isn't set up that way. You'll need to drive. Schaumburg and Elk Grove are right next to each other, that commute is only going to be 5-10 minutes. If you're near Woodfield you might be able to find a bus that goes where you need to, but don't count on it. During rush hour I'd guess Lombard to Elk Grove is about half an hour. You can take either Rt 83 or I-355.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:50 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,779,137 times
most of the "industry" is on the east side of EGV
but depending on where in EGV you will be commuting to will also make a difference.
It is a pretty big village.

but ahave hit it pretty close.

schaumburg could be a hop skip and jump down 72, though rush hour could be a bear, especially if you'd hit all the traffic lights.

lombard to EGV wouldn't be too bad down Rte 83 ... but again, the area with traffic lights could be nasty at rush hour ... but if you hit the timing just right, it'd be a smooth ride. I355 from Lombard will bring you to the west side of EGV, and it could be another 10-15 ride depending on where you are heading too and traffic.

I used to work in EGV eons ago, and live 1 town over, so i know it pretty well.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:56 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,869,704 times
You're going to have to drive. There may be a Pace Bus option but not likely. Neither commute is too bad. Schaumburg to Elk Grove Village isn't bad at all. You can take Biesterfield to Rohwling and Rowhling to Thorndale and then Thorndale East into Elk Grove Village. From Lombard, you'd take Route 83 straight north into Elk Grove Village. They're both okay commute, but it's shorter from Schaumburg.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:14 AM

2 posts, read 5,969 times
Default Thank you

Thanks guys for the info, it's very helpful.

Have a wonderful day to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs