Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,206,588 times

Advertisements

So, what's the buzz on "The Lilac Village" these days? I seem to have heard that either it or that area south toward the old Yorktown mall area (Highland Height), was becoming more Asian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,989,016 times
Don't know about the specific area becoming Asian. There is a goodly population of asians in the western suburbs. My assessment of Lombard: its okay but you can do better. I would never live there unless there was a specific reason to. There are nicer suburbs to live in. JMHO

Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,704,723 times
Like many parts of the region it is becoming more diverse but that is just a fact everywhere. Folks with root in China, India, and all parts of the far eat and mid-east like the value and access to good paying jobs. Lombard is among the better closeted towns to take advantage of 355 and 88 as well as good access to Oak Brook and Downers Grove via surface streets.

Some of the areas near the core are quite charming but the bulk of the housing is a little less unique and probably contribute to the attitude of ToriaT and others. That said it is well funded by nice mix of commercial revenue at Yorktown and other retail centers, schools are mostly middle of the pack with Glenbard East nit having quite as affluent base of parents as the other campus though kids that do well there / take honors track do find success at competive colleges in the Big 10 and similar demanding areas.

Value is high and there are some tear downs from when real estate market was hot, so overall I am not as down about prospects as ToriaT...

Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,989,016 times
Chet is right there are some advantages to Lombard. Nothing wrong with it. I have my opinions. Some places I like, others I really do not have a strong feeling for. I am attracted to certain places to live and not to others.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,704,723 times
btw the auto- correct on my not-so-smart phone turned "Lombard is one of the better LOCATED towns to take advantage of" access to roads / jobs into something else entirely... Nothing "closeted" or otherwise unseemly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs