Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 PM

23 posts, read 85,392 times

Advertisements

just wondering if any info can be giving on Monee,il.
thinking about moving there and was wondering what type of town it is .
thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 08:44 PM

11 posts, read 45,295 times
Monee is a good town. It is becoming more urban. Home prices shot up there not too long ago, but have come down a bit recently and now you can get a pretty good deal. An agent in my office has a property listed there pretty cheap but can't seem to sell. My suggestion is if you are looking to buy in the area give a low ball offer and you can get a fantastic deal. You can get a great size home, great yard for around 220k or less.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 7,766 times
monee has been great. Just far enough to have privacy and just a few min. drive to get to anywhere. word of advise..when shopping head south and not north..i have loved it until the new neighbors I just got...no respect for privacy but thats the worst of the problems around

Old 12-03-2007, 07:54 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,509,802 times
Monee is a gold mine just waiting to be mined. If you are smart you would buy a ton of land out there wait 20 years until the area booms like Orland and Tinley Park did back in the 1980s and then sell the land off to a developer like Catchy, Hartz, Gallagher and Henry, or one of those outfits who will pay top dollar for that land. I personally know of people in Orland Park that made upwards of $100,000,000 from selling their farms which have become prestigous places like Crystal Tree, Brook Hills, Eagle Ridge, Silo Ridge, etc.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 AM

2 posts, read 10,540 times
Default Living in Monee, are you crazy?

I have lived in Monee since 1996, back then the town was a good place to live, now it is run by a bunch of idiots, who spend money like no tommorrow. There are to many village employees who do nothing, especially the Water department director, and the mayor is, well there are no words to discribe him, he is the biggest idiot of them all. The water rates are high, taxes are high, but they keep foolishly spending the tax dollars. All the big warehouses are in TIF districts, so the homeowner has the tax burden.
My advice, look someplace else.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
We have many friends who have moved from Chicago to Crete and Monee, they all totally love the area. They especially appreciate that their homesites are large and most live in beautiful, wooded areas, very serene. Also the fact that it is a fairly quick drive into the city as compared with the western suburbs. from me.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,370,617 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
We have many friends who have moved from Chicago to Crete and Monee, they all totally love the area. They especially appreciate that their homesites are large and most live in beautiful, wooded areas, very serene. Also the fact that it is a fairly quick drive into the city as compared with the western suburbs. from me.
What do you consider a "western suburb"? Even going out to Kane Co. I think the google estimates are pretty fair for "non peak" travel:

from: Crete, IL to: W Randolph St & N State St, Chicago, IL - Google Maps

from: 41.790769,-88.349304 to: W Randolph St & N State St, Chicago, IL - Google Maps

I do know that traffic volumes tend to be lighter on 57 than 88 at peak rush hour, but when I have had to drive out that way I have not found the Dan Ryan to especially speedy, especially if there is a Sox game or really even any event at Soldier Field /McCormack Place that tends to pull in traffic...

Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 7,149 times
Default Good and Bad

well, let me tell you, in general Monee is a town with generally nice people exept for the residents in Golf Vista, these people in this small retirement community are un believably rude and ignorant they should be excommunicated from the town. the cops in this town are great they are personable and friendly you see them all the time they even stop by and chit chat with you once in a while. Taxes are fair I think compaired to all surrounding suburbs but what do you get for your tax money anywhere. The water bills here are nuts yes nutz ask any resident the average family can expect to see a bill that ranges from 200.00 to 400.00 no kidding. the politics in this town as of now are very corrupt the mayor is a complete idiot along with all his hired staff just ask some of the people around here they will tell you some great stories, some which comefrom what he thinks are his friends its hilarious. Crete Monee high school is pretty good no major problems they have a good track record. the adjoining town university park sucks and so do most of the people in it, these residents are what you did not expect to see in a southern suburb. another close town is richton park or should I say the new cabrini green, total problems from all ages. all this is slowly migrating into monee just be aware of your surroundings Monee is right now a pretty cool town all town have good and bad but for right now it's good you can get alot for your monet right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs