Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
I was not inferring that specifically to you. But I did notice your comment about the chipotle and was wondering exactly what you meant by it?
People complain about the long wait and blame it on the people who work there. "THIS Chipotle sucks because you have to wait so long for your food." That's Americans for ya.

Quote:
Which goes back to my original question. Which was, why is it that so many people see something nice that happens to cater to a mostly black demographic, they immediately get all defensive about it and attempt to belittle whatever it is?
Allen, were you suggesting that I was belittling the Bar Louie? That's funny because I bet you at least one person goes and patronizes the Bar Louie after reading my posts about it.

Last edited by urza216; 05-17-2012 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: combining posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 05:31 AM

2,300 posts, read 6,183,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
People complain about the long wait and blame it on the people who work there. "THIS Chipotle sucks because you have to wait so long for your food." That's Americans for ya...
So, it's the fault of space aliens? Either there aren't enough employees, or the employees aren't working efficiently enough. I don't see many other options.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:51 AM

829 posts, read 2,088,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
So, it's the fault of space aliens? Either there aren't enough employees, or the employees aren't working efficiently enough. I don't see many other options.

No, the issue has more to do with the capacity of the restaurant. If the line is so long it's coming out of the door then obviously that location site chosen for the restaurant is too small to accommodate all of it's patrons. The site chosen for the restaurant may be a little too cramped for the number of patrons that the restaurant gets at certain times. Although I have noticed that the line has died down somewhat since opening. The only real solution would be to open a second and maybe a third location in the far southern suburbs. Homewood along halsted and maybe country club hills along 167th near where the new outlet mall is slated to break ground soon. The one on 95th in Beverly is even worse. I have been to the one in beverly on saturday and there were at least 100 patrons waiting in that line. So a couple more chipotles on the southside might be a good idea also.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:44 AM

Whole Foods is coming to Orland Park. Talk about something that is long overdue.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:20 PM

167th isn't exactly bustling at the moment. But what it lacks for in quantity, it makes up in quality. There's an AMC movie theater with IMAX, a 24 hour walmart and one of the only Sonics in Chicagoland. Sonic is also 24/7, I think. I know it's open super late. The CC Hills IMAX isn't as good as the one at Navy Pier but it's still worth your money, closer to home and you don't have to deal with the same parking and traffic problems.

Last edited by urza216; 05-17-2012 at 12:33 PM..

Old 05-17-2012, 04:53 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times
Quote:
I was not inferring that specifically to you. But I did notice your comment about the chipotle and was wondering exactly what you meant by it? And I am in no way a hater of other races of people. If you could see my family believe me you would totally think otherwise.
Regarding my comment on Chipotle, many people who were excited to see the Chipotle open have been completely dissatisfied and instead of blaming just that specific Chipotle, some believe that any other nice name brand place that opens in that area there will also let them down.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Regarding my comment on Chipotle, many people who were excited to see the Chipotle open have been completely dissatisfied and instead of blaming just that specific Chipotle, some believe that any other nice name brand place that opens in that area there will also let them down.

As far as the kids who work there. That is probably one of the better staffs I have seen. As you would expect in a newly opened popular location as all the kids want to work there. Mostly cute young females working up front with the food which is what I like to see in a restaurant. They all look presentable. Basically as long as you don't do something disgusting with my burrito while you are preparing it you are ok in my book.

As for the line. There are just way too many people coming there at times. The parking lot in that strip mall is also sometimes full and you have to park in the lot next door behind it. The five guys burgers next door and the panera bread across the street isn't usually nearly as overcrowded. So you might want to try those two instead.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:59 PM

So Allen, you never answered me. Were you saying I was belittling the Bar Louie? A place that I have been to twice since it opened and tipped well twice.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
So Allen, you never answered me. Were you saying I was belittling the Bar Louie? A place that I have been to twice since it opened and tipped well twice.
Without looking at exactly what you said. Probably yes. But nothing against you. I think a lot of people just do that instinctual when discussing nice establishments that cater to mostly black patrons. It's just a nice local entertainment establishment is all I'm saying. Everyone I know who has gone there seems to like it. Good food, good drinks, good crowd, some nice looking women. A nice place to go with friends or your girl and have a nice time. Just as Northwest indiana made a comment above that somehow the chipotle is tainting matteson's image. Please. It's a bit overcrowded at times but other than that. If you don't want to wait in line then don't wait in line. Go somewhere else. Gees. Some people will never be satisfied with anything that is located in a majority black area, period. And that includes some other black people as well. I can tell you the chipotle in matteson doesn't taste or look any different than any other chipotle. It's the exact same experience that you would have at any other chipotle. The line may be longer than most of the other suburban ones at times. But that has more to do with currently that being the only one in the far southern suburbs. At most chipotles in the city I have been to, the staff isn't nearly as primp and proper as the one in matteson.

Last edited by allen2323; 05-17-2012 at 07:42 PM..

Old 05-17-2012, 10:07 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times
Quote:
As far as the kids who work there. That is probably one of the better staffs I have seen. As you would expect in a newly opened popular location as all the kids want to work there. Mostly cute young females working up front with the food which is what I like to see in a restaurant. They all look presentable. Basically as long as you don't do something disgusting with my burrito while you are preparing it you are ok in my book.

As for the line. There are just way too many people coming there at times. The parking lot in that strip mall is also sometimes full and you have to park in the lot next door behind it. The five guys burgers next door and the panera bread across the street isn't usually nearly as overcrowded. So you might want to try those two instead.
I've been to the Panera Bread a few times a bit ago and had the Chipotle there for the first time last week and while my experience at the Chipotle there was not bad, the main reason I won't be going there again is because there is nothing else there to keep me in the area. Hence another reason why many people in that area would rather go to Tinley or Orland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs