Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Great, I tried to go to Sonic's web site and the map wont load.
Flash Player

At any rate really cant think of where a sonic would be located in Hazel Crest.

Unless for some unknown reason the Country Club Hills location is actually a Hazel Crest Address , which could be the case.

Country Club Hills, Oak Forest, Hazel Crest , Markham all join together in that area.
It's right by the Country Club Hills Walmart and the Country Club Hills movie theater with Imax.

4023 167th Street
Country Club Hills, IL 60478

(708) 798-4204
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 PM

99 posts, read 136,893 times
Why not have a Portillos in Bourbonnais? I think it would sell.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,414 times
Well, let's see...last night we had 2 shootings, 2 stabbings, a call for shots fired. This week we have had several gang related beatings...one 62 year old local artist and business man beat to death....I think we have 5 or murders already this year. Kankakee is horrible....last night at the shooting in the parking lot where I work. I was talking to an officer that was there he told me, "we do this EVERY night, ALL night and none of it makes the paper!! Ridiculous! I was born and raised here...had moved away for awhile but came back to be with my family..but I am seriously thinking of getting out of here! Oh and btw...don't let the "low crime rate" in Boubonnais fool you either....NONE of the crimes get printed!!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
Many local newspapers. if they are still locally owned, don't print a lot of bad news because in the end it loses advertising dollars. The locals that are owned by Liberty or Gate House just don't print it, or they hide it on back pages.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
Hazel Crest was listed. Sometimes this happens because there isn't enough space to type a full name, and sometimes it is bad information the webmaster was given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
It's right by the Country Club Hills Walmart and the Country Club Hills movie theater with Imax.

4023 167th Street
Country Club Hills, IL 60478

(708) 798-4204

Old 07-13-2012, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,095 times
Urza -- I've read your repeated posts about Kankakee and I truly wish you knew what you were posting before you posted. First off, it is debatable as to whether Kankakee is truly a suburb of Chicago, but as population grows some do consider the town a suburb.
Now, what really irritates me is your posts about the Kankakee River. It is actually one of the cleanest in the Midwest and is listed on the Federal Clean Streams Register.
Share your one-sided opinions on everything else, but please use facts when they are fitting.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loislayne83 View Post
Urza -- I've read your repeated posts about Kankakee and I truly wish you knew what you were posting before you posted. First off, it is debatable as to whether Kankakee is truly a suburb of Chicago, but as population grows some do consider the town a suburb.
Now, what really irritates me is your posts about the Kankakee River. It is actually one of the cleanest in the Midwest and is listed on the Federal Clean Streams Register.
Share your one-sided opinions on everything else, but please use facts when they are fitting.
One sided, indeed. I'm just one person.

Tell us why you think K3 isn't a suburb and more about the Kankakee River.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 PM

4 posts, read 18,132 times
Kankakee iS part of the Chicago MSA. It dosen't take a genius to read the census data. It is 60 miles south of the Chicago Loop. Is it a safe place to live? Kankakee is considered and "Urban center" with towns such as Bradley, Bourbonnais and Aroma Park considered it's "suburbs". Like most urban areas it has some great areas and some not so great areas. The not so great areas are experiencing a sort of gentrification. The change, however, is not complete. Most people who move into the area seem to love it. The only way to truly find out is to spend a weekend here and explore for yourself.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,902 times
K3 is not bad. It's just not a lot of opportunity. I mean there is crime everywhere. But in places like Kankakee aka the land, all you have is negativity with nothing positive to offset the negativity. To be honest the only thing to do is work a dead end job or hustle. Then u have hataz plotting on u whether you are hustling or not. I am from K3 I lived there til I was 18, I hate that place so much, I refuse to visit although I still have family there. However I still have a lot of friends there I have love for. My advice to u all. If u wanna change your life u must first change were u live. Only thing in K3 is key city liquors.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeon101 View Post
K3 is not bad. It's just not a lot of opportunity. I mean there is crime everywhere. But in places like Kankakee aka the land, all you have is negativity with nothing positive to offset the negativity. To be honest the only thing to do is work a dead end job or hustle. Then u have hataz plotting on u whether you are hustling or not. I am from K3 I lived there til I was 18, I hate that place so much, I refuse to visit although I still have family there. However I still have a lot of friends there I have love for. My advice to u all. If u wanna change your life u must first change were u live. Only thing in K3 is key city liquors.
Ross's Chicago Records is cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs