Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 01:31 PM

3 posts, read 4,333 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My wife and I are considering moving into the District 303 school district and have 2 children that will be attending Bell Graham Elementary School. We are doing a bit of research and have noticed that school starts at 8:40. Since we both work, this start time may be an issue as I believe the earliest kids can arrive at the school is 8:20.

Are there any recommended solutions to this issue?

Are there many families at this school (or in the Fox Mills subdivision) that have 2 working parents? How do others address this?

The park district also offers a Baker Station program providing after school care. Can anyone shed information on this program (ie are there academic enrichment opportunities)?

I am hoping to get some help with some outstanding questions we have so that we can make our decision on a potential home. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 05:41 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
I would call the school district directly. I believe that start time is all-district. My daughter starts elementary then as well.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,753 times
You may wish to check into Kindercare or Educare located just 1 mile down the road.

[url=http://www.kindercare.com/our-centers/center-details/301769/]Campton Center KinderCare - 40 W 170 LaFox Road, St. Charles, IL 60175 | KinderCare[/url]

[url=http://educareonline.com/index.html]About Us[/url]

Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 PM

76 posts, read 277,305 times
I'm sure there are also sitters in the neighborhood that could help. You will love St. Charles!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:34 PM

33 posts, read 69,755 times
I agree that you will love St. Charles! I think your best bet will be to find a family in the neighborhood where you can arrange "before school" care. You will be pleased with your choice of schools with district 303.
Here is a map to some schools chosen for academic excellence in IL.

And Also an article from Chicago magazine regarding best Kane county elementary schools

Last edited by CindyStrahota; 02-08-2012 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 05-20-2012, 05:12 AM

4 posts, read 13,861 times
Hello I am also hoping to move the area, and was also looking into after-school programs. Did you find a workable solution that your kids enjoy? I would be really interested to hear your thoughts about moving into the area.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 AM

4 posts, read 13,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedorganist View Post
Hello,

My wife and I are considering moving into the District 303 school district and have 2 children that will be attending Bell Graham Elementary School. We are doing a bit of research and have noticed that school starts at 8:40. Since we both work, this start time may be an issue as I believe the earliest kids can arrive at the school is 8:20.

Are there any recommended solutions to this issue?

Are there many families at this school (or in the Fox Mills subdivision) that have 2 working parents? How do others address this?

The park district also offers a Baker Station program providing after school care. Can anyone shed information on this program (ie are there academic enrichment opportunities)?

I am hoping to get some help with some outstanding questions we have so that we can make our decision on a potential home. Thanks for your help!
Hi - I am looking to possible move to the same area, did you ever find a workable solution to after-school care? How did you like the area? I was looking at both Wasco and Bell Graham some of the reviews were mixed although the great schools ranking was 10 - what are your thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs