Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 08:02 PM

45 posts, read 132,358 times

Advertisements

I notice that many homes with Naperville address compared to nearby very similar homes adjoining 3 suburbs e.g. North of plainfield, east of Aurora and west of Lisle have a huge price difference. Naperville homes are significantly expensive compared to others.

Are there any specific reasons for this besides school district?
Naperville school district 204 homes also are high in cost.

Is is faster appreciation in resale value for Naperville?
Please share your views
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 08:09 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,339,930 times
Being NEAR a nice suburb is NOT THE SAME as being IN IT!

Schools, park district offerings, governmental services all truly do have value...

Last edited by chet everett; 03-27-2011 at 08:29 PM..

Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
Much comes from the "naperville" name and it's reputation of being the poster child for everything people want in a suburb. Those other towns listed are fine, but are not naperville.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:54 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Much comes from the "naperville" name and it's reputation of being the poster child for everything people want in a suburb. Those other towns listed are fine, but are not naperville.
The name is part of it but why 2 blocks outside of Naperville do prices drop dramatically. You still have the proximity, low crime, what you dont necessarily have is the school district and city serices.

Naperville's libraries are top notch, park district programs are great, dog park, frisbee golf park, etc, etc, etc.

If your not in Naperville you can't take adantage of many city services even though you only live a half block outside Naperville

These are all fine cities especially the parts that border naperbille but youd ont have the naperville name, city services, school district, etc

Old 03-28-2011, 07:32 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,898,097 times
Also the Metra station, convenient if you are going somewhere else along that line. But parking is scarce, even for Naperville residents. There are remote parking lots with shuttle buses, but that adds another seat to your commute and only runs at rush hour. And definitely the higher status afforded by a Naperville address.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:17 PM

21 posts, read 53,126 times
I live in Naperville, and I have to admit I've never really impressed anyone by telling them that. For me, I'm willing to live in Naperville because of the school district and city services. I pay a premium to live near the 5th Ave station to have a shorter commute downtown. I really like my neighborhood - the older sections of Naperville don't feel nearly as suburban as the outlying areas.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,561 times
Everyone pretty much nailed it on the head. Services, schools and civic offerings make it excellent.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:42 PM

10 posts, read 31,736 times
Everything is excellent in naperville. Rated one of the best cities in the US to live in. The city services are outstanding and resale value fantastic. We are just moving out to NYC and I am so unhappy. Townhomes are well priced, and the north of naperville is much better than the south. The only thing I don't like about Naperville is the traffic in route 59. It can take forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs