Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:23 PM

2,156 posts, read 5,489,551 times

Advertisements

1) Re-platting is what I actually meant

2) linicx. C'mon, I did not ask for any identifying information. I did not ask for any specific addresses or anything. The only thing I stated was that she should then raze homes in the Flossmoor Estates neighborhood....Which honestly, do you think I was being serious? Obviously she has a price limit and I only made that statement because I do not actually believe this is a true story. But I played along just to show you what some of the possibilities are. I would never expect anybody to provide me with their personal information. Where did I ask for her name? SSN? current address? hair color? eye color? weight? age? car make and model? place of employment? I asked for NONE of these because A) it does not really matter and B) Those are true identifying pieces of information. Since when is price range "identifying"? My parents are looking for a $600,000+ house...who are they? Do you know?............You just do not value me as a city-data poster. It's okay to admit it. But we all know know that I did not do anything wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 06:27 PM

829 posts, read 2,087,399 times
I wouldn't hesitate recommending homewood, flossmoor, or olympia fields to anyone whats so ever. Just in the past 6 months I personally know 3 people who have purchased homes in the surrounding areas. Not any of the bigger homes, just younger people buying homes.

The three people that I personally know moved to homewood, park forest, and matteson. These were all college educated younger people in there late 20's and early 30's. All three grew up in homewood and flossmoor. The one who moved to park forest is a married black college grad in his late 20's. One kid. Works for a large insurance company. The guy and girl I know who bought in homewood are white, in there late 20's, and one kid. The guy I know who moved to matteson is in his early 30's, not married, and works as an engineer. All purchased homes under 200k. And live in regular middle class non affluent residential parts of town. Absolutely no problems.

In reference to linicx, here is an article from a few months ago about a family who bought a house sitting on a heavily wooded 3 plus acres in olympia fields. Tore it down and built a very unique 8,200 square foot prairie style house on a gated 3 plus acres in it's place.

One house inspires many - Chicago Tribune

Last edited by allen2323; 03-24-2011 at 06:54 PM..

Old 03-24-2011, 07:25 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
knightood82,

I think what I said is a true statement. if a zoning board can't zone land use then I think it is pretty use-less.

I don't understand why on earth y'all don't seem to comprehend that I laarned what I wanted to know over 10 conversations back before I said she found a house.

I will say this one final time. Deechee, Allen, Ursa and others provided all the information I needed or wanted.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:31 PM

Default Awesome!

What a great story!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
I wouldn't hesitate recommending homewood, flossmoor, or olympia fields to anyone whats so ever. Just in the past 6 months I personally know 3 people who have purchased homes in the surrounding areas. Not any of the bigger homes, just younger people buying homes.

The three people that I personally know moved to homewood, park forest, and matteson. These were all college educated younger people in there late 20's and early 30's. All three grew up in homewood and flossmoor. The one who moved to park forest is a married black college grad in his late 20's. One kid. Works for a large insurance company. The guy and girl I know who bought in homewood are white, in there late 20's, and one kid. The guy I know who moved to matteson is in his early 30's, not married, and works as an engineer. All purchased homes under 200k. And live in regular middle class non affluent residential parts of town. Absolutely no problems.

In reference to linicx, here is an article from a few months ago about a family who bought a house sitting on a heavily wooded 3 plus acres in olympia fields. Tore it down and built a very unique 8,200 square foot prairie style house on a gated 3 plus acres in it's place.

One house inspires many - Chicago Tribune

Old 03-24-2011, 07:43 PM

Good for your parents.; I am sure you will help them find a wonderful home in Flossmor. Homewood or Olympia Fields.

I do not care if you believe me or not.

I do not NOT value you as CD poster; I just don't think about you at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
1) Re-platting is what I actually meant

2) linicx. C'mon, I did not ask for any identifying information. I did not ask for any specific addresses or anything. The only thing I stated was that she should then raze homes in the Flossmoor Estates neighborhood....Which honestly, do you think I was being serious? Obviously she has a price limit and I only made that statement because I do not actually believe this is a true story. But I played along just to show you what some of the possibilities are. I would never expect anybody to provide me with their personal information. Where did I ask for her name? SSN? current address? hair color? eye color? weight? age? car make and model? place of employment? I asked for NONE of these because A) it does not really matter and B) Those are true identifying pieces of information. Since when is price range "identifying"? My parents are looking for a $600,000+ house...who are they? Do you know?............You just do not value me as a city-data poster. It's okay to admit it. But we all know know that I did not do anything wrong.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Good for your parents.; I am sure you will help them find a wonderful home in Flossmor. Homewood or Olympia Fields.

I do not care if you believe me or not.

I do not NOT value you as CD poster; I just don't think about you at all.
My parents are not actually looking for a house. I was illustrating a point that you clearly could not see...and I am glad you feel that way. I would say the same thing, but I might get an "infraction" for sharing the same feelings.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 PM

157 posts, read 403,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
knightood82,

I think what I said is a true statement. if a zoning board can't zone land use then I think it is pretty use-less.

I don't understand why on earth y'all don't seem to comprehend that I laarned what I wanted to know over 10 conversations back before I said she found a house.

I will say this one final time. Deechee, Allen, Ursa and others provided all the information I needed or wanted.
I've worked for a land development compay so I know a little bit about what I'm saying but I give up since it doesn't matter anyway, thanks. If you have your answer then this tread has run it's course and should be closed. It's just getting too bizarre.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:38 PM

It's getting bizarre, because people who don't even live in the area and have limited current real life experience about it, are attempting to hijack yet another thread about the area. The post not pertaining to the topic (homewood, flossmoor, or olympia fields) should be removed and the thread should stay open. As like threads about any other suburban area, some people who actually live in the area and have current real life experience about it may want to share information with others.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
It's getting bizarre, because people who don't even live in the area and have limited current real life experience about it, are attempting to hijack yet another thread about the area. The post not pertaining to the topic (homewood, flossmoor, or olympia fields) should be removed and the thread should stay open. As like threads about any other suburban area, some people who actually live in the area and have current real life experience about it may want to share information.
No, it's bizarre because posters like to create false anecdotes and/or usernames to further over-patronize an area in hopes of sparking interest in an area instead of letting legitimate users inquire about it. It is one thing to give legitimate updates about a given area. It is another to simply "ohh and ahh" about an area that you live in in hopes of attracting more people due to the fact that the area is not well regarding in the region overall. Like randomly saying "THESE HOUSES ARE BEAUTIFUL!" or "Black kids are taught well at this school" out of nowhere. I mean, what do comments like that really add after the 10th time of posting it? Nobody is falling for it though. So you should probably give up.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
No, it's bizarre because posters like to create false anecdotes and/or usernames to further over-patronize an area in hopes of sparking interest in an area instead of letting legitimate users inquire about it. It is one thing to give legitimate updates about a given area. It is another to simply "ohh and ahh" about an area that you live in in hopes of attracting more people due to the fact that the area is not well regarding in the region overall. Like randomly saying "THESE HOUSES ARE BEAUTIFUL!" or "Black kids are taught well at this school" out of nowhere. I mean, what do comments like that really add after the 10th time of posting it? Nobody is falling for it though. So you should probably give up.

What you are saying is a complete "fig" of you imagination. I have noticed quite the contrary. Constant racially motivated bashing of a perfectly nice area that for the most part attracts residents who are middle class and affluent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs