Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:04 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,127,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm314 View Post
................................. However, it backs (up) to the train.................................
This alone would stop me from even considering this location. It certainly would not be considered "a plus". IMHO it would have a negative effect on possible re-sale.

Possible danger for children; noise?; have your dog get out just once & very possibly get hit!!; just some thoughts to consider. And yes, I know the Libertyville/Lake Bluff area quite well....................lived in that area for 33 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 04:02 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
Quote:
................................. However, it backs (up) to the train.................................
This alone would stop me from even considering this location. It certainly would not be considered "a plus". IMHO it would have a negative effect on possible re-sale.

Possible danger for children; noise?; have your dog get out just once & very possibly get hit!!; just some thoughts to consider. And yes, I know the Libertyville/Lake Bluff area quite well....................lived in that area for 33 years.

EDIT:......Sorry for the double post.....my bad!!!!!

Last edited by Montana Griz; 02-23-2011 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: sorry for double post

Old 02-23-2011, 04:50 PM

174 posts, read 525,097 times
I thought I'd chime in here since I live in Libertyville. I love it here. The schools are great, the town has been known to have the excitement of a city, with the feel of a small town. Lake Bluff is beautiful, also. I love to go to their beaches in the summer and it's a great town. They are both excellent towns.

Differences would be that Libertyville probably has more if a community aspect, with the HS, the parades, and other community events, whereas Lake Bluff would be more reserved and peaceful. If you are near downtown you would experience Libertyville Days (carnival) once a year in your face, which would be one downside to Libertyville.

But overall, if you want to be more reserved, LB is better, and if you want to be part of a community, LV is your place. Like I said though, two beautiful towns with great people. Good luck in your decision making! Hope I wasn't too biased toward L'Ville.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:29 PM

76 posts, read 162,527 times
THanks for everyone's comments! We actually found another house in Libertyville that we LOVE. It's not right in downtown up about 1.5 miles north/west but still very walkable to (abit a little longer walk) downtown. We also got it for an awsome price and couldn't be happier.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
THanks for everyone's comments! We actually found another house in Libertyville that we LOVE. It's not right in downtown up about 1.5 miles north/west but still very walkable to (abit a little longer walk) downtown. We also got it for an awsome price and couldn't be happier.
I think you'll be quite happy with your Libertyville choice. We left there in 1965, but have been back to that area many times over the years. Gurnee by the way, back in the 1940's & 1950's was just a very small farm community....pop of maybe 300 (give or take).

Since you'll only be moving less than (8) miles from your present location, you should have some prior knowledge of the general Libertyville area, thus eliminating a "transition or adjustment period".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs