Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 03:42 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,216 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else love this place. My fiance and I were just there yesterday doing a little shopping for our thanksgiving dinner and there were several specialty foods for thanksgiving on display. I love this high quality grocery store. It's family owned and in my opinion is a better alternative to whole foods or trader joes. It also helps that it is located 5 minutes from my house unlike whole foods. They have a nice selection of organic foods, super fresh meats and fish. The deli is the best that I have been to at a grocery store. A nice all around high quality, super clean shopping experience. By far the highest quality grocery store in the southern suburbs that also offers a unique whole foods friendly kind of shopping experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 01:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,065,658 times
Bizio's is a great store. I know what you're saying. I think the analogy to Whole Foods and Trader Joes makes sense. However, Bizio's functions as a more typical grocery store in addition to functioning as a Whole Foods or Trader Joes. I personally like Bizio's better than either of those. Bizio's has a lot of hard-to-find products, quality products and the deli is great. I make my own pizzas and if it's inconvenient for me to pick up scamorza cheese at D&D Foods (that's an Italian grocery store in Chicago Heights, BTW), I pick it at at Bizio's. I also prefer the pre-made pizza dough at D&D Foods on Halsted to the pre-made pizza dough at Bizio's or Trader Joes. I've never tried the sauce they sell at Bizio's pizza sauce but I would be surprised if it wasn't of high quality.

The problem with Bizio's for me is that it's missing some of my grocery store staples - fried chicken, potato wedges, mac and cheese from the deli and Faygo (or at least some kind of cheap generic pop). It's hard to do one-shop stopping for my week's round of groceries. They did have this chicken that was breaded like fish sticks one time. It was tasty. The two times I've gone to Bizio's since then, the product has been nowhere to be found. I got ground turkey at Bizio's that I used as sausage for my pizza and it was very tasty. It's still a very good store and if you live in the area and haven't checked it out yet, you should.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:53 AM

829 posts, read 2,088,216 times
There is no other grocery store atleast in a close radius that has the selection of deli cuts, cheeses, and delicously prepared stuff. Have you tried the uncooked chicken or steak fajitas? It takes less than five minutes to cook at home. Good selection of pasta salads, tuna salad, antipasta, olives, fresh bread, etc. They have the organic produce and meats. But, for organic and non organic, doing grocery shopping at bizios is not any harder on your wallet than say jewels is. Maybe a bit cheaper on meats and produce. The quality and value is great and like urza said you shouldn't hesitate to stop in if you haven't already. It's a suprisingly high quality grocery with friendly and accommodating service. The best in the southland that's for sure. Considering that it is less than 5 minutes from my house (i would never even think about driving 30-60 minutes for a grocery store), it's family owned and the actual owners are usually in the grocery store. I would have to say that the shopping experience is actually a better one than whole foods. Afterall, whole foods is high quality but it is still a big box chain grocery with no neighborhood vibe to it. Whole foods really is a higher quality jewels.

Last edited by allen2323; 11-26-2010 at 10:25 AM..

Old 12-03-2010, 02:03 PM

I usually shop at the Ultra Foods in Chicago Heights because of their low prices and huge selection. However, I can definitely relate to preferring Bizio's because it's a quaint family business and not a chain store.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:51 PM

My mom bought Christmas cookies and cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning at Bizio's this year.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:58 AM

207 posts, read 506,689 times
LMAO @ this post

Old 12-25-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxCub Fan View Post
LMAO @ this post
Which post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs