Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:27 AM

18,951 posts, read 43,874,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
I've said this before: what if the dealer gives you the $4500 but takes away all the other discounts they were offering. Where is the savings?
Well I guess you'd have to discuss all of the other discounts first, and then BAM!, hit them with the clunker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 11:11 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,471,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
I've said this before: what if the dealer gives you the $4500 but takes away all the other discounts they were offering. Where is the savings?
That would be bad if it happens, and given the number of dealerships across the country, it may very well happen here or there. But,

[1] It shouldn't happen.
Can I use this credit in combination with manufacturer’s rebates and discounts?

The CARS Act requires the dealer to use the credit under the CARS program in addition to any rebates or discounts advertised by the dealer or offered by the new vehicle's manufacturer. The dealer may not use the credit to offset these rebates and discounts.
Source

and ....

[2] Just the opposite is happening, at least with some dealers/manufacturers. Chrysler is matching the "Cash for Clunkers" voucher - up to $4500 on top of the "clunker" $4500 - for many of their vehicles .... and they're offering this rebate for all customers, not just the "Cash for Clunkers" customers.

Also, looking at Edmunds, I see several manufacturers continuing to offer financial incentives on some of their vehicles; for example, 2009 Ford Focus, the 2009 Pontiac G3, the 2009 Chevy Cobalt, and the 2009 Hyundai Elantra (to name just a few) are all offering rebates and incentives up to $2000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC