Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 02:59 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,682,922 times

Advertisements

72-year-old original owner says she would only sell it for a million dollars.

ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 04:24 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,812,118 times
A dollar per mile eh? Maybe Barrett-Jackson should consider this one?

Those old Camaros were good cars, even though most people think American cars are crap, it's a testament that "not all" of them were crap. Before 1973 GM did make some good quality cars.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:42 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,732,930 times
Oh I am so shocked... not really. They used that drivetrain up until the mid 90's, bulletproof if maintained.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:40 AM

630 posts, read 1,297,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
A dollar per mile eh? Maybe Barrett-Jackson should consider this one?

Those old Camaros were good cars, even though most people think American cars are crap, it's a testament that "not all" of them were crap. Before 1973 GM did make some good quality cars.
No your right, chevy and thre rest of the big three back in the day made undestroyable cars. If you took care of them they will take care of you. Even my 79 camaro was a damn good car. dd for 6 years and not pretty

side note when i was going through highschool that was my first car ( trying to sell it now) and I drove it in my junior prom dress to our dance and home with my date in heels. It was one night i'll never forget. awsome I also remember driving it in SF on a weeknight sometimes and hearing the pipes echo between the buildings on the lonely streets at night. Did anyone know that is some other language ( not sure which one - my ignorance) that camaro it means "friend"

go camaro!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:54 AM

340 posts, read 1,447,578 times
I actually owned a 70 Camaro,although it was a Z-28 version which I would concider higher maintenance,it would be far from low maintenance of todays cars.I really don't think the car owners of today would keep up with the maintenance nec.for these early vehicles.As a 19 year old I loved working on my car;tuning it up regularly,coolant flush,adjusting the valves(solid lift cam),adjusting the carb(holley 4 bbl),replacing t-chain and gears(45k),valve seals(usually good for 50k if lucky-sm puff of smoke out exhaust after sitting short periods of time was the sign),belts,hoses ,clutch at 60k.It was fun cause you could actually see and get access to all of the engine components(lift the hood today and what do you see?)Today it's pretty much get in,start and go and with the technology used today they really don't require the maintenance as often(except oil changes) as "the ole days"
Don't get me wrong;I'd love to still have that car but driving it as much as I do today would be expensive and we won't even talk gas economy.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
I actually owned a 70 Camaro,although it was a Z-28 version which I would concider higher maintenance,it would be far from low maintenance of todays cars.I really don't think the car owners of today would keep up with the maintenance nec.for these early vehicles.As a 19 year old I loved working on my car;tuning it up regularly,coolant flush,adjusting the valves(solid lift cam),adjusting the carb(holley 4 bbl),replacing t-chain and gears(45k),valve seals(usually good for 50k if lucky-sm puff of smoke out exhaust after sitting short periods of time was the sign),belts,hoses ,clutch at 60k.It was fun cause you could actually see and get access to all of the engine components(lift the hood today and what do you see?)Today it's pretty much get in,start and go and with the technology used today they really don't require the maintenance as often(except oil changes) as "the ole days"
Don't get me wrong;I'd love to still have that car but driving it as much as I do today would be expensive and we won't even talk gas economy.
Precisely why I rebuild my old engines/drivetrains with the latest aftermarket parts or performance parts. My old cars are as reliable and care free as anything you get today!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 AM

630 posts, read 1,297,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Precisely why I rebuild my old engines/drivetrains with the latest aftermarket parts or performance parts. My old cars are as reliable and care free as anything you get today!

thats awsome. you own a machine shop. Thats a dying trade.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 AM

854 posts, read 2,867,882 times
Al Bundy would be proud!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
thats awsome. you own a machine shop. Thats a dying trade.
Unfortunately I do not own a machine shop. I take parts out to get machined because I don't have all the tools!!! However I rebuild everything on my own. Some day I will have a COMPLETE shop... the only machining tools I have now is a lathe and a mill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC